Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

OP
M

mickdroid

Reaction score
no update to 2.2 until new year and then...

So we do not get the 2.2 update until the new year and then according to my wife who reads (ugh) Perez Hilton, we are getting a Verizon iPhone. So now I will have lots of decisions to make come the new year never mind my new years resolutions.
What do you think: stick with the Droid or get an iPhone?

Scott1974

Reaction score
So we do not get the 2.2 update until the new year and then according to my wife who reads (ugh) Perez Hilton, we are getting a Verizon iPhone. So now I will have lots of decisions to make come the new year never mind my new years resolutions.

I'd stay with the Android OS. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a GREAT phone, but you're not really going to gain any advantages over the Fascinate, you'll loose the ability of the open OS (I realize this means very little to most), but what it does mean, is the ability for more individuals to create apps. Just no real advantage (in my opinion) to go to the iPhone.

jrl9851

Reaction score

Going from android to an iphone is a HUGE downgrade. I've owned 3 iphones and will never own one again.

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
Oh man.I just upgraded my Droid 1 to a Samsung Fascinate. The Verizon guys said it had Froyo and Flash. Now I cant get the streaming video sites to work. :(
I have 3 days to trade for a Droid X...

bL33d

Reaction score
Uhg just bought a fascinate it aint here yet but i dont care about flash i had it on my droid and uninstalled it. Just lags browsing with ads.

I dont think any other phones hold a candle to the fascinate but thats just my opinoin. And after 2 iphones and a droid.. soon a fascinate i will never have another iphone.

I do hope 2.2 comes quick though for the speed boost.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Fascinate is a GREAT phone! Flash could've just been laggy due to the D1's processor though. Customization (to me) still puts the D1 at the top, IMO.

Uhg just bought a fascinate it aint here yet but i dont care about flash i had it on my droid and uninstalled it. Just lags browsing with ads.

I dont think any other phones hold a candle to the fascinate but thats just my opinoin. And after 2 iphones and a droid.. soon a fascinate i will never have another iphone.

I do hope 2.2 comes quick though for the speed boost.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bad355camaro

Reaction score
Oh man.I just upgraded my Droid 1 to a Samsung Fascinate. The Verizon guys said it had Froyo and Flash. Now I cant get the streaming video sites to work. :(
I have 3 days to trade for a Droid X...

you can dowload skyfire as a browser to watch alot of videos that you normally cant. we are supposed to have flash by the end of the year, im keeping my phone

Reaction score
So I went to the Verizon store yesterday just because...And I had the incredible, droid x and droid 2 and my fascinate next to all of 'em...even though quadrant gives me higher scores in all of them cause they all have FROYO except for the fascinate that still has eclair 2.1....I gotta say that THE FASCINATE KICKED MAJOR ASS...specially on graphic performance, internet navigation, gaming, and the crazy part is that the FASCINATE still dont have FROYO till (According to Verizon) November..so by far FASCINATE HANDS DOWN!

msimpson

Reaction score
Same here...I went in to get the X, since I trashed my Droid 1 and they had them alll next to each other. I didn't care for the camera bump on the X and it felt just a little too big. The Droid 2, meh. But then I started playing around with the Fascinate and ended up with that. Dare I say it...To me it had the nice feel that the original iPhone and my iTouch had.

It's much lighter than my Droid 1, the screen is amazing. It fits nice in the hand and I can wait for 2.2 to get rid of Bing...Overall I've very pleased.
Oh yeah...and I can hotspot now.

So I went to the Verizon store yesterday just because...And I had the incredible, droid x and droid 2 and my fascinate next to all of 'em...even though quadrant gives me higher scores in all of them cause they all have FROYO except for the fascinate that still has eclair 2.1....I gotta say that THE FASCINATE KICKED MAJOR ASS...specially on graphic performance, internet navigation, gaming, and the crazy part is that the FASCINATE still dont have FROYO till (According to Verizon) November..so by far FASCINATE HANDS DOWN!

zmullen15

Reaction score
Fascinate 2.2 Froyo - Halloween Release!!!

So just when is this wonderful 2.2 version coming out? I hear rumors it has already been leaked and can be obtained at off market sites. Verizon doesn't know but then what does your everyday sales clerk know? So any word anybody as to when the "official" 2.2 version will be released?:icon_eek: I am eagerly awaiting Google as my search engine again and maybe compatibility with Flash Drive?dancedroid

It has been confirmed by a few reliable sites that Samsung has been pushed by the media and its product users to release the Froyo 2.2 update to October 31, 2010! For all you Fascinate users (including me), your wait is over! dancedroid

Samsung Galaxy S to receive Froyo update on Halloween|Free PC Guides

zmullen15

Reaction score
Has anyone received the OTA request for a firmware update yet? Keep us posted because numerous sources have announced the Fascinate will be receiving Froyo 2.2 today (Halloween).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

khaf

Reaction score
I never seen an update released on a verizon phone that didnt go through a long testing period

droidxep

Reaction score
Wife got hers at 1130 am eastern. Not pushed automatically but was there when I checked for it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App