Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

MKKH10

Reaction score
I hate you Samsung! I'm on my third fascinate since mid October.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Samsung already released an open source code for 2.2 for sch-i500. It's now up to vzw to add their bloatware and release it via OTA over VZW network.

-Cloud

How do you know this?

bluevolume

Reaction score
Samsung already released an open source code for 2.2 for sch-i500. It's now up to vzw to add their bloatware and release it via OTA over VZW network.

-Cloud

How do you know this?

Don't bother asking, because its wrong. Verizon does not touch the software that runs on the phones, they simply tell the manufacturer what their requirements are. The "bloatware" is added to the firmware image by Samsung before its released to Verizon for testing.

If something as simple as a menu item being spelled wrong comes up, its back to Samsung to update and re-release.

joeygug613

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got the fascinate a few weeks ago. When I go to about the phone settings and look for an update it says no updates available but under my firmware version it says 2.1-update 1. Does everyone else's say this or does this means an update is coming?

bluevolume

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got the fascinate a few weeks ago. When I go to about the phone settings and look for an update it says no updates available but under my firmware version it says 2.1-update 1. Does everyone else's say this or does this means an update is coming?

You have the same thing everyone else has. Its 2.1, plus the update that came out around October.

Cloud3

Reaction score

-Cloud

How do you know this?

Don't bother asking, because its wrong. Verizon does not touch the software that runs on the phones, they simply tell the manufacturer what their requirements are. The "bloatware" is added to the firmware image by Samsung before its released to Verizon for testing.

If something as simple as a menu item being spelled wrong comes up, its back to Samsung to update and re-release.

I trashed the 2.2 open source, but I am sure I can recover it for proof. Also, the link was posted on android central

http://android4.net/samsung-galaxy-s-froyo-source-code-yanked/

I guess it was removed after a day

-Cloud

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
How sure of this are we?

Cloud3

Reaction score
Mine says no update available. Has anyone gotten the update?

-Cloud