Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

IamGov

Reaction score
Does froyo matter anymore ? iPhone tommorrow so most are going defect anyhow.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Cloud3

Reaction score
So far, I don't see an upgrade and it's 6:17 am here. Anyone else with any luck?

-Cloud

shanewprice

Reaction score
Nope, no upgrades. I am so tired of this. I don't care if it is Verizon or Samsung, Verizon made the promise, I pay a crap load of money to them. I would have been fine with this if I had been told that there would not be a 2.2 upgrade, but now all I hear from both Samsung and Verizon is BS. So Samsung needs time to test and work out Froyo Bugs...THEY HAVE HAD SIX MONTHS...it didn't even take Google that long to make the friggin OS.

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Still didn't get it. Its 7 am..boo

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Still nothing 8:07 am

45ga76

Reaction score
Now we take a sigh and move on for anothet week and by the end of the month we will be waiting for feb 5th because a leak or rumor said to... Only to get our hopes crushed. Then we repeat the cycle until we leave samsung and wait for the tegra goodies.

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
6:44am in SE Arizona, nothing here yet either. Come on Verizon...or Samsung...whatev, this is absurd. How can some of the best phones for carriers be this far behind? They could have at least giving us a real Dj05 update. Maybe they are waiting for business hours? Which means should be sometime in the next few hours.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

Overcomer

Reaction score
Many of you are probably thinking we will get 2.2 when "he double hockey sticks" freezes over. Well, it's literally icing/freezing over outside in south GA today. I think it could be the next best thing...Maybe this is a good sign ;)...LOL!

Lostcase

Reaction score
Yep, Greenville, SC here. I work for vzw and the center is closed, yay!

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Samsung definately makes some nice hardware, but so does HTC, Motorola, LG, -cough-cough- Apple, etc. I got the Fascinate because I kept blowing the external speaker on my Incredible. On my 5th trip to Vzw they offered me the Fascinate or Droid X. Obviously I opted for the Fascinate.

This is my first Samsung phone and as of now it will be my last. I will be going back to HTC next month. I have been eyeballing the Thunderbolt because I love HTC phones and the updates seem to be timely and painless.

I'm beginning to think Uncle Sam owns Vzw and Sammy because of all the false promises!

Overcomer

Reaction score
Yep, Greenville, SC here. I work for vzw and the center is closed, yay!

It's pretty nasty in the south today. In all seriousness though I guess there is a specific location where this kind of stuff get's physically loaded for the OTA update. Where is that location from I wonder. I work across VPN all the time so I assume a little weather wouldn't have to hinder the update...I've killed enough time now in this thread, I will just move along now!