Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

shdowman

Reaction score
Yeah...these forums..

..Xda developers (you'll find a Ton of themes there)

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/fascinate/4772-how-root-samsung-fascinate.html

And that one. The info is shared across multiple forums as the community is all about sharing with each other. Hence why its a community. There is a lot of info out there. Once you are rooted you can look into flashing custom themes/Roms.

Make sure to take your time and follow instructions. So long as you follow step by step, you will be fine.

Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm going to wait for 2.2 before I do so I will definitely inform myself in the mean time.

dhaymond

Reaction score
Lol... Find what you were going for? I too didn't it before, not this thread...and didn't.

ohfire

Reaction score
Come to OHIO! 2.2!!!!! is not here, but the beer is cold and enuf of it and ya think ya have flash and all that froyo stuff!

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
I hear ya fireman cold beer makes any phone rock or a rock depending how many beers u have.

Richdd

Reaction score
I cannot wait. There is so much that can be done with 2.2. Including flash 10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
Whats crazy is that we have yet to receive 2.2 froyo but the Internet is saying that Google plans to release 2.3 Gingerbread in the first quarter of 2011 (first three months). I think that we are getting shafted with the fascinates. Every other phone has been updated with froyo and has another around the corner, 2.3 while fascinate users wait for an update that feels like it may never come. Kinda rediculous.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
I heard that froyo will be released by early 2011 for fascinate but I also read that their not sending it OTA. We will have to download it from samsungmobile.com.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I heard that froyo will be released by early 2011 for fascinate but I also read that their not sending it OTA. We will have to download it from samsungmobile.com.

That's just ridiculous.... I just hope I don't need to work so hard and sweat too much to just get froyo.

8pened!

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
What is rediculous, if the 2011 date is true then we will just be getting froyo when the other phones are getting Gingerbread 2.3.

wilddoktor

Reaction score
I just had coffee with a guy last night who pulled out his droid x and showed me his new update to 2.3. Serious update envy... :-(

droidxep

Reaction score
it wasnt 2.3, x is still on 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TBV

Reaction score
I happen to work for VZW as a wireless consultant (translation: salesperson :)) and during a meeting last week with our So Cal guy in charge of beta testing where he was telling us about the incredible speeds he has experienced while testing our up and coming LTE (4g), I asked about 2.2 and when to expect it on the Fascinate...

He stated that we can expect it by Christmas...he gave the following sequence on how things are released: the 1st 10,000 phones that were purchased/activated get the update, then they wait 48 hours to get feedback...if nothing comes up as a problem, the next 10K get it, they then wait only 24 hours, then the next 10k, and so on. TBV