Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
That's what I about the lte 4g network. That's why I can't wait for the invertible hd or the other 3 phones htc is rumored to be releasing on the first three months of 2011. However that doesn't address the fact that even after the update fascinate users will still be behind the technology curve since 2.3 gingerbread is rumored to be releasing in 2011 (first quarter).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

nerdkill

Reaction score
just bought my wife a fascinate... i really didn't want her to get it, but she really liked the screen. i tried to push her towards an incredible, but she wanted the bigger screen. i have to admit, other than the bing that should go away with the update, i'm pretty impressed with the phone. i actually kind of like the touchwiz. not for me, but for her. i'm always rooting and playing with her phone and driving her nuts with it and this one really suits her needs well. anyways!

my question is, has there been any kind of official announcement of 2.2 release? i've seen a lot of speculation, but nothing from samsung. also, is it pretty safe to say that gingerbread will never come?

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
No date for sure. The verizon guy a few threads prior said christmas. However I like the performance until it started lagging now it lags too often. Often when trying to call someone it will take 10 seconds before switching screens to dial out. I just the lagging and that you can't save applications and cache to the sd card to prevent it.

shdowman

Reaction score
just bought my wife a fascinate... i really didn't want her to get it, but she really liked the screen. i tried to push her towards an incredible, but she wanted the bigger screen. i have to admit, other than the bing that should go away with the update, i'm pretty impressed with the phone. i actually kind of like the touchwiz. not for me, but for her. i'm always rooting and playing with her phone and driving her nuts with it and this one really suits her needs well. anyways!

my question is, has there been any kind of official announcement of 2.2 release? i've seen a lot of speculation, but nothing from samsung. also, is it pretty safe to say that gingerbread will never come?

It has already been stated that 2.2 will not get rid of Bing. It will allow you to actually get Google search from the market, but your search button will be forever tied to Bing. Since you seem to be saavy enough to mess around with root, you should know how to get rid of Bing all on your own. ;-)

There is no word on 2.2 and I am actually in agreement with you that the galaxy s phones will likely never see 2.3. Samsung will be working on the "nexus s" for the other carriers (with touch wiz in tow) and essentially giving up support for these. Sadly, Samsung is living up to their well deserved reputation. And God knows vzw could care less when they have you stuck in contract. Has anyone wondered why these phones have been being sold for $30 and under pretty much everywhere when they are arguably the best pieces of hardware on the market?

Such an epic waste.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
Where are they being sold for so little? This phone gas been aggregating because it won't update; it laggs all the time. It's sad that a phone with it's features such as the screen quality (arguably the best quality on a phone to date) and the set up us awesome however it's performance is lacking. That was aggravating since I was told that it performed as well as any android device when I went to buy it from a Verizon rep. This phone just haas alot of hidden negatives. Facebook syncs contacts rediculously forcing you to link contacts by hand because it won't just sync the existing. Verizon doesn't seem to want to update the device. It temporally freezes when multi tasking or if you don't kill just one running service. Everything saves to the internal memory which is light except for Internet downloads. That's the sucky part because the phone has alot to offer but performs as if it is the first of it's kind.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
What is the best lag fix for my routed device and what is an optimal ext? Is lag fix the same as overclocking?

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
What is the difference between setcpu and OCLF lag fix? Which is better? By the way, routed and an running launcherpro plus. The customizations are awesome.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
It's for root users but not the official update. The article doesn't give you an official update date for OTA.

shdowman

Reaction score
Well, since you guys are such good detectives, I would have guessed you would know that, that 2.2 update was pulled due to it being very buggy. That article is well over a month old as well.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
Shdowman,
What is a berret lag fix, voodoo or OCLF that can be bought f from market. I bought OCLF but I'm reading really good stuff about voodoo along with some bad.