[UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6)

draklin

Reaction score
Worked great for me, but I also followed directions.

No need to continue to put them down you know. It is perfectly possible that they followed the instructions as well and have issues due to a theme or some other reason.

I did install the new market with no issues.

Hbruhammer

Reaction score
So originally the description box in the market when I clicked on an app was a black background with gray writing, now it turned to a yellow background with gray writing, very strange and hard to read... Any idea why this happened?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

meaker

Reaction score
Hey I followed the directions and all I got was FC.. So I tried reinstalling my theme and still problems. I had to go a back up date and start fresh. This time I installed Liberty. Made sure everything was good. then I tried Epic blue theme. Made sure it was running fine. Then I went back to the directions and installed it just fine.. Works good. I didn't do anything different.. It just wasn't working with my theme I was running at the time....

InFaMoUsPrograms

Reaction score
Okay i wiped my DX and reflashed 2.0.1 fresh. I followed the instructions and it works 100% perfect. Thanks!

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Do I uninstall all things that say market in TB like market updater and the market app?

Sent from Liberated Droid X

Wildrat

Reaction score

No need to continue to put them down you know. It is perfectly possible that they followed the instructions as well and have issues due to a theme or some other reason.

I did install the new market with no issues.

I don't believe anyone was put down by my statement. All I said was "It worked great for me, but I also followed Directions". Now then, if I had said "it worked great for me, and I followed the directions unlike some other nit wits that are to lazy to read all the words from the Dev", that could be considered putting someone down, but then it could also be a true statement.
People always want to read things into what people say. Someone says "The sky is blue" there will always be someone that will argue that it is not blue.
Anyway, Sensei "It worked great for me, but I also followed directions":icon_evil:

Wildrat

Reaction score
It could be that some of the themes or Launcher or some other app is interfering with the operation of the market app. Sometimes not everything gets along with other apps, just like on your laptop, desktop or any other type of computer.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Ok.
I want to firstly give props to Sensei for making a cool theme.
I currently use his keyboard theme and think it's great.
But I want to secondly state...that I'm not a complete noob here; to the flamers.

I know a fair enough amount to follow directions.
I've been flashing roms/using adb/etc for some time now.
And I know that it simply conflicted with my setup in some way.
Please don't assume you're in the right ALL THE TIME in that people who had problems didn't follow directions. That goes to EVERYONE in this thread.

Sensei, sorry your thread got hijacked by a bunch of complainers...I hope you don't think that is what the few of us who were simply asking for help were doing. I trust your work. And that's the reason I didn't immediately make a backup prior to installing. Complications arose...and I reverted to an old backup. 15 minutes of tinkering and I'm back to where I was. I have NO complaints against you. Like I said, I love your work. Better luck on my end next time!

bluskyline21

Reaction score
Wow..horrible color combination. Yellow background with grey text.. *Maybe* it's because of my theme but it looks horrid. Guess I'll try again..

-e* fixed!

So the deal was even though I had a theme that had nothing to do with gray or yellow, when i flashed this app, it totally fuggered it up. Lessen learned.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I can verify that the 2.3.6 Vending.apk can cause FC's if not installed correctly....it has nothing to do with themed apk being flawed, just installed incorrectly...

Tips from when I released my themed version of 2.3.6...

***Install Tips***

Make sure that you did not get the 2.3.6 update already... if you try to install this over the already installed 2.3.6 even if you uninstalled that version first, you most likely will lose your market (FC'ing)...

Should install fine over 2.3.4 if that version is currently installed in your system partition...

If you already got the update, I suggest that you nandroid back to a backup prior to that market update, and immediately install my TruBlue Inverted Market 2.3.6 after restoring your nandroid backup...

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but do we really need this? I mean the market included with the rom works quite fine, what does this updated market do? Also upon flashing the market will the market update remain if you flash a theme afterwards or will it revert back to old market?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but do we really need this? I mean the market included with the rom works quite fine, what does this updated market do? Also upon flashing the market will the market update remain if you flash a theme afterwards or will it revert back to old market?
It serves no added functionality other than aesthetics and personal preference, and if the theme you are flashing doesn't include the market in it's update.zip then no it wouldn't replace this themed market...

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
It serves no added functionality other than aesthetics and personal preference, and if the theme you are flashing doesn't include the market in it's update.zip then no it wouldn't replace this themed market...

So no real reason to flash unless you want some added extras to the market?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up