[UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6)

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I love the new market update but the Yellow with light grey typing won't work. Needs at least black or the color of your themes print
The color of your theme will determine the color of your text.. on stock theme text is black, on Epic Blue, text is blue...etc.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you run a theme that has primary and secondary text colors changed, and they're changed incorrectly, it will cause fc's... there are other apks that work great for 95% of users, but 5% have issues... no stopping that...

Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This updat is full of FAIL. FCs all the time after 2 uninstall n reinstalls
Could it be Noob users full of FAIL Maybe??
Check out everyone here, D2, xda, DX Forums who are running it with NO PROBLEMS.... Just Saying :icon_eek:
If you think im a noob user because I dont post here regularly then you are terribly mistaken. Ive been here longer then you. There is nothing to installing this reboot cw Rec wipe cache/dalvik cache install and done. FC on app start up. Used liberty tool box to remove and reinstalled following same steps and still FC everytime. Im not the only one that has this issue. Test you app more. Learn about a process called QA
Your join date is 1 month before mine? anyway, to answer your statement, The app was tested by 6 EXPERIENCED users with zero problems. What do you think, that the people who have posted & even posted pics of the update are lying about it working?? Sorry that YOU are having problems, but I notice you say that you flashed with Liberty Toolbox... it says that nowhere in the instructions...
**BEFORE doing these steps, re-download the file to make sure that you didnt get a corrupt download.
1) Use Titanium Backup to Remove any version of market
2) Reboot
3) Bootstrap Recovery
4) Reboot Into Recovery
5) Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache
6) *MOUNT SYSTEM (Update script does it, but try this added step anyway)
7) Flash File
8) Reboot
Hope that works for you... Let us know

Regulator

Reaction score
If you run a theme that has primary and secondary text colors changed, and they're changed incorrectly, it will cause fc's... there are other apks that work great for 95% of users, but 5% have issues... no stopping that...

Phone is running stock liberty 2.0.1 No theme

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

+1
Thank You B-Boy!!
:blackdroid:

Regulator

Reaction score
Could it be Noob users full of FAIL Maybe??
Check out everyone here, D2, xda, DX Forums who are running it with NO PROBLEMS.... Just Saying :icon_eek:
If you think im a noob user because I dont post here regularly then you are terribly mistaken. Ive been here longer then you. There is nothing to installing this reboot cw Rec wipe cache/dalvik cache install and done. FC on app start up. Used liberty tool box to remove and reinstalled following same steps and still FC everytime. Im not the only one that has this issue. Test you app more. Learn about a process called QA
Your join date is 1 month before mine? anyway, to answer your statement, The app was tested by 6 EXPERIENCED users with zero problems. What do you think, that the people who have posted & even posted pics of the update are lying about it working?? Sorry that YOU are having problems, but I notice you say that you flashed with Liberty Toolbox... it says that nowhere in the instructions...
**BEFORE doing these steps, re-download the file to make sure that you didnt get a corrupt download.
1) Use Titanium Backup to Remove any version of market
2) Reboot
3) Bootstrap Recovery
4) Reboot Into Recovery
5) Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache
6) *MOUNT SYSTEM (Update script does it, but try this added step anyway)
7) Flash File
8) Reboot
Hope that works for you... Let us know
I ONLY used the tool box to remove the market all together. I installed it using steps 2-8 but omitted 6. Point being dont automatically assume people are noob users.

InFaMoUsPrograms

Reaction score
I've tried installing 3 times. Still FCing =\ I'm running stock Liberty 2.0

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

louy99

Reaction score
I too am force closing running stock 2.0.1

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I am also running stock 2.0.1 liberty.

Remove market with titanium.

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Mount system
install .zip

Market fc's (com.android.vending) at random. But appears to be when I go to the "my apps" tab...and then refuses to open (fc's) until I reboot.

I've tried a fresh download twice.
And installed 4+ times.

=/

I KNOW I didn't have this problem before...as I constantly open my apps to check for updates.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I've tried installing 3 times. Still FCing =\ I'm running stock Liberty 2.0

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I too am force closing running stock 2.0.1

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I am also running stock 2.0.1 liberty.

Remove market with titanium.

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Mount system
install .zip

Market fc's (com.android.vending) at random. But appears to be when I go to the "my apps" tab...and then refuses to open (fc's) until I reboot.

And installed 4+ times.

=/

I KNOW I didn't have this problem before...as I constantly open my apps to check for updates.

I tried it twice and getting FC both times.. :(

Looks like we're all having problems, Sensei.
And I just tried the stock 3.6.0 or whatever and it's doing the same thing.

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

And installed 4+ times.

=/

Ive tried to re-create the error, but cant.
2rrwgp3.jpg

Only thing I can think of is to re-flash Liberty over what you have now, then try it. I know on twitter jsinlegacy said he was having trouble getting 2.3.6 to work with the theme he is building. I think B-Boy answered the question best earlier.:blackdroid:

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This is from an email I just received... try this
I had to uninstall updates in settings/apps/manage/all/market... then my themed one would apply....

Regulator

Reaction score
This is from an email I just received... try this
I had to uninstall updates in settings/apps/manage/all/market... then my themed one would apply....
Aint that some ****? I guess im not soo much of a "noob" as you say. O also I loaded the STOCK update for the market and it works like a champ. No FC's at all. IRONIC!