[UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6)

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Ok, well I flashed liberty again...since I stupidly haven't made a nandroid in about a week...and didn't want to go that route.
Market fc's on me before I even tried to install this .zip
So I do the whole process...fc's out the butt.

And now I have to reinstall the moto gallery/camera/themed keyboards/change my lock/unlock sounds....as I knew I would...but I thought I would at least have a working market.

I also tried to do the "uninstall updates" but the option doesn't appear to be there like I remember it being...it simply says uninstall.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Ok, well I flashed liberty again...since I stupidly haven't made a nandroid in about a week...and didn't want to go that route.
Market fc's on me before I even tried to install this .zip
So I do the whole process...fc's out the butt.

And now I have to reinstall the moto gallery/camera/themed keyboards/change my lock/unlock sounds....as I knew I would...but I thought I would at least have a working market.

I also tried to do the "uninstall updates" but the option doesn't appear to be there like I remember it being...it simply says uninstall.
Well. If You Flashed Liberty & Market F/C before you flashed the update, then its just as we expected. YOU have done something to dick up your phone. Sounds Like You Owe som apologies & need to grow up a little. {Newb}

Check who you're quoting, man.
I'm asking for help and am NOT a part of the flame war.
And I did nothing but what is stated in the directions.

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Enough

Hey Guys, enough. The Moderators are going to come in here & start handing out vacations from the forum. I posted something I basicly did for myself, because I wanted to share. It may not work for everyone for whatever the reason may be. If it works, great, if not then restore your backup & move on. If the flamining doesnt stop, I'll just kill the thread.
I think b-boy did a great job at explaining why the update is f/c. I compiled both versions listed here, so if one works they both should. I have 3 other versions I am testing now along with beta testers & they all work. So, Im not sure what the cause of some people using it fine & others not, but arguing doesnt fix it....

crypto

Reaction score
followed the instructions (didn't have to uninstall market updates as it was greyed out)
market seems to be working fine, i just went into my apps, then installed a random app to test it.

I was actually surprised it worked. In the past any market updates I've ever tried to install come with the same force close errors everyone is talking about. Usually i will flash a new market and as soon as i open it and click my apps it will force close and continue to force close from then on.
No amount of TB uninstalls and reinstalls, restoring the backups, restoring manual backups, flashing older versions of the market, or anything else for that matter ever works. In the past I'd end up having to either restore a CW backup, or reflash the rom (this was actually the reason i made the switch from Fission, i figured if im gonna reflash a rom i might as well go with liberty). So i'm really not at all surprised to see others having similar problems

However, like i said....this update has worked fine for me. I just followed the instructions.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
followed the instructions (didn't have to uninstall market updates as it was greyed out)
market seems to be working fine, i just went into my apps, then installed a random app to test it.

I was actually surprised it worked. In the past any market updates I've ever tried to install come with the same force close errors everyone is talking about. Usually i will flash a new market and as soon as i open it and click my apps it will force close and continue to force close from then on.
No amount of TB uninstalls and reinstalls, restoring the backups, restoring manual backups, flashing older versions of the market, or anything else for that matter ever works. In the past I'd end up having to either restore a CW backup, or reflash the rom (this was actually the reason i made the switch from Fission, i figured if im gonna reflash a rom i might as well go with liberty). So i'm really not at all surprised to see others having similar problems

However, like i said....this update has worked fine for me. I just followed the instructions.
Now that you mention it...I remember having this problem with other markets as well.
Not on liberty...but quite a while back when I was playing with the themed markets in fission rom manager...
And a nandroid was my only fix...
As is going to be currently.
Even flashing liberty didn't work =/

Edit:
OH JOY!
Fantastic news...
I was thinking "Wtf...I know I created a more recent backup than march 28th..."
But I found that the backups done through liberty toolbox are kept in the liberty folder...which would explain why my phone was missing about 1.3 gigs of storage that I thought I had available.
Nice. It's fairly new too. April 9th.

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Thank You!

Regulator

Reaction score
This is from an email I just received... try this
I had to uninstall updates in settings/apps/manage/all/market... then my themed one would apply....
Aint that some ****? I guess im not soo much of a "noob" as you say. O also I loaded the STOCK update for the market and it works like a champ. No FC's at all. IRONIC!
LMAO... How Did Him posting a quote from an email prove you're not a newb?? WoW...
Whats IRONIC is i sent dude a pm asking him for a plain Market, I pulled the apk from my Wife's TB, He repackaged & sent it, then posted it here. So how does that help your case? Is your Real Name Richard Cranium? Did you know that a common nickname for Richard Is "Dick" & the Cranium is The Head?
You keep spamming the thread, get over it dude, move to iphone... :icon_ banana:
The qoute was a mis qoute and I was referring to the other users popping in saying "hey mine FC's too" So stop your hollering

Mick11

Reaction score
OMG this makes me sooooooooo angry. I flashed this "market" followed all of the steps downloade both twice and tried installing both...twice and still force close every time. I tried installing theme again to go back to 2.2.11 but still fc. dowloading liberty 2.0 to reflash it right niw hope it helps. whoever made this "update" should really gave tested it good before they put it on the forums. especially since it messes with framework. ugggghhh!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Regulator

Reaction score
Hey Guys, enough. The Moderators are going to come in here & start handing out vacations from the forum. I posted something I basicly did for myself, because I wanted to share. It may not work for everyone for whatever the reason may be. If it works, great, if not then restore your backup & move on. If the flamining doesnt stop, I'll just kill the thread.
I think b-boy did a great job at explaining why the update is f/c. I compiled both versions listed here, so if one works they both should. I have 3 other versions I am testing now along with beta testers & they all work. So, Im not sure what the cause of some people using it fine & others not, but arguing doesnt fix it....
Well said.

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Lmao

OMG this makes me sooooooooo angry. I flashed this "market" followed all of the steps downloade both twice and tried installing both...twice and still force close every time. I tried installing theme again to go back to 2.2.11 but still fc. dowloading liberty 2.0 to reflash it right niw hope it helps. whoever made this "update" should really gave tested it good before they put it on the forums. especially since it messes with framework. ugggghhh!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Its my fault your market isnt working? I shouldve tested? (I did)
So lets post your post from the 2.0 thread post #687 & show the REAL cause of your error:
"ok so I installed a themed market off of the fourms but it was old and buggy. so now any new market I try to flash either says error or it flashes but then its not there and I still have the old one. any ideas on how to fix this?"

grayzweb

Reaction score
I flashed this themed market and is working great for me. I like the dark theme. Looks good

Thank you!

Sorry to hear some people having trouble with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Works great ....no problems at all. Followed instructions (I too could not uninstall anything as it was grayed out) and I've clicked everything w/in market trying to cause a F/C; nothing, so I'm good to go! Thanks!

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Works great for me now no problems. Facebook for android won't update but that seems to be more a problem with the app than the market

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums