[UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but do we really need this? I mean the market included with the rom works quite fine, what does this updated market do? Also upon flashing the market will the market update remain if you flash a theme afterwards or will it revert back to old market?
It serves no added functionality other than aesthetics and personal preference, and if the theme you are flashing doesn't include the market in it's update.zip then no it wouldn't replace this themed market...

So no real reason to flash unless you want some added extras to the market?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

If you mean the themed version, then no..... if you are happy with the Google Green of the market then that's your prerogative...;)

BTW...you rooted?..if so why?...

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
It serves no added functionality other than aesthetics and personal preference, and if the theme you are flashing doesn't include the market in it's update.zip then no it wouldn't replace this themed market...

So no real reason to flash unless you want some added extras to the market?

If you mean the themed version, then no..... if you are happy with the Google Green of the market then that's your prerogative...;)

BTW...you rooted?..if so why?...

O ok im cool with the white and black market I have.

Mick11

Reaction score
OMG this makes me sooooooooo angry. I flashed this "market" followed all of the steps downloade both twice and tried installing both...twice and still force close every time. I tried installing theme again to go back to 2.2.11 but still fc. dowloading liberty 2.0 to reflash it right niw hope it helps. whoever made this "update" should really gave tested it good before they put it on the forums. especially since it messes with framework. ugggghhh!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Its my fault your market isnt working? I shouldve tested? (I did)
So lets post your post from the 2.0 thread post #687 & show the REAL cause of your error:
"ok so I installed a themed market off of the fourms but it was old and buggy. so now any new market I try to flash either says error or it flashes but then its not there and I still have the old one. any ideas on how to fix this?"

Dude im sorry. I really appreciate your work. My friend did it on his and it worked so he said he was gonna do it on mine. Then it kept fcing so I told him if he didnt fix it he was gonna buy me a new phone . Then he posted those things cuz he was mad. So again thanks for all of your work and im sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

r4ph

Reaction score
The original market version from 2.0.1 rom is 2.2.11 right?

Is it necessary to update it?

How are updated it?

----------------------------------------
Rafael
Sent from Liberated DX v2.0.1

cubsfan187

Reaction score
For some reason (yes I followed the directions as well) I could never get this to install correctly and kept getting the FC's too. I did the fresh install of 2.0.1 and wiped cache and Dalvik cache. Still wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure why. Same thing happened with the Liberty keyboard too. Very strange.

bluskyline21

Reaction score
OK, so when I FIRST installed this market, I was on a theme which made the market look like a**. ALL of the background was yellow and the text was gray.

NOW, i have that fixed, but I have a question for those that have installed it correctly: The "My Review" and "Description sections both have a yellow background and gray text. Is it like this normally, or is mine STILL messed up?

It's VERY hard to read and ugly. Thanks in advance.

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
I installed the zip but now in my notification bar it says Liberty v1.5
^Does this really matter?

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
i went into Liberty ToolBox to change the Pulldown Text and Rebooted but nothing happens

jschoef

Reaction score
I tried installing this with the instructions in the OP but i am getting FC. I did not reflash 2.0.1 though...this is because I am using a yellow gingerbread theme as I liked the 1.5 theme more.

If I reflash 2.0.1 and install market then go back to the yellow gingerbread, wont I go back to the old market?

Also, is there a way to get the stock market and have it so it automatically updates on its own?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Also, is there a way to get the stock market and have it so it automatically updates on its own?

I would like to know this too. I want to be able to theme the market to match the rest of the ROM and I still cannot get this to stop FC'ing.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
For those having problems:
Try this!
I haven't tried it on THIS market...but it worked for another market that I installed.
Delete your market.
Use Titanium Backup to freeze the Market Updater.
Follow the rest of the instructions to re-flash.