[ROM] Unofficial CM10/JB ROM Development [09/24 DATAFIX]

4low4fun

Reaction score
jbert50021 said:
I am not getting any data connection with the rom. any idea?

A lot of us are having that problem.. hash is working on it.

jdinardo30

Reaction score
Updated STOCK-based CM10 build in the OP.

NOTABLE CHANGES:
- Fixed 3g/4g data connection issues -- much improved.

Hashcode you're the ****ing man, just downloaded this ROM last night and was desperately looking for a fix for the data problem, and not even a full day later you've already fixed it. Props to you and your team of helpers for making an awesome ROM, this thing is fast as ****!!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Tried it this morning, it could be a daily driver. I noticed no bugs.

My only problem is the spelling suggestions don't show up (as with every AOSP/CM rom).

Any suggestions? I've NEVER been able to resolve this and that is the only reason I don't use these roms on a daily basis even though I'd love to.

Last edited:

4low4fun

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Tried it this morning, it could be a daily driver. I noticed no bugs.

My only problem is the spelling suggestions don't show up (as with every AOSP/CM rom).

Any suggestions? I've NEVER been able to resolve this and that is the only reason I don't use these roms on a daily basis even though I'd love to.

Even with a 3rd party keyboard?

Shein0327

Reaction score
let me preface this by saying AWESOME rom, I'm totally psyched for it!

But it still does that annoying screen resize thing, where when I open/close the keyboard, or rotate the screen, it shrinks down to 1/4 of its size for a split second... Not a huge deal, but is there a fix for this? does anyone else have this issue? Zach's roms all did this, eclipse didn't, but I know zach's roms were all based off CM9/AOKP, and those did the screen resize thing so is this native to the rom or just me?

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
let me preface this by saying AWESOME rom, I'm totally psyched for it!

But it still does that annoying screen resize thing, where when I open/close the keyboard, or rotate the screen, it shrinks down to 1/4 of its size for a split second... Not a huge deal, but is there a fix for this? does anyone else have this issue? Zach's roms all did this, eclipse didn't, but I know zach's roms were all based off CM9/AOKP, and those did the screen resize thing so is this native to the rom or just me?

The reason all of the AOSP-based ROMs do this is because they are all in some way based on our work porting AOKP/CM9/AOKP to the latest Motorola phones (we provide those base builds via the sources on http://github.com/STS-Dev-Team)

One solution is: I need to write a custom interface to work w/ Motorola's display manager kernel driver, and I've been too busy fighting w/ the data connection issues. But it's pretty high on the list as I want to put some polish on the stock-kernel based builds before we roll onto the kexec builds. The rotation thing is annoying.

The other solution is to stablize the reboot bugs in the kexec kernel. There are no rotation issues in that build because I removed Motorola's proprietary webtop/display manager driver from the kernel, and have upgraded the PowerVR drivers to the latest Jellybean compatible DDK.

aFreakAccident

Reaction score
Latest CM10 ROM is working great.

At first I couldn't get EasyTether to work. Went into Development, toggled USB Debugging off and back on, and then it worked.

Ttdag

Reaction score
OK so I'm confused... there are supposed to be working cameras now, but I still don't see it when I flashed the newest version of this rom. Is it my gapps or what? Lol

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

ws6formula350

Reaction score
just flashed 9/24 build...data came up immediately, bauce!

i noticed that the keymapping on the arrow keys is off on the physical keyboard...didn't see it anywhere in the thread so far, wanted to mention it just in case

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
just flashed 9/24 build...data came up immediately, bauce!

i noticed that the keymapping on the arrow keys is off on the physical keyboard...didn't see it anywhere in the thread so far, wanted to mention it just in case

Yep, I caught that today. I'll fix that in the next push.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2