Unlocked bootloader?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You guys still haven't unlocked your device yet??? Just open terminal and type:

su
GimmieTheKeysPlease

Cracked! Thanks moto for overlooking that.

{{ WugFresh }}

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
If the bootloader is still locked on my phone, then how are custom roms being build for it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

S

scrub175

You guys still haven't unlocked your device yet??? Just open terminal and type:

su
GimmieTheKeysPlease

Cracked! Thanks moto for overlooking that.

{{ WugFresh }}

That's not far off... you have to spin the gold pillar and sing... "I want the knife, pleeeease" in sort of a monk's hymnal type tone.

Movie anyone?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If the bootloader is still locked on my phone, then how are custom roms being build for it?

Because all the custom roms that are currently available are is heavily modified framework files. The true custom roms will come when we can run something other than the moto kernel which will allow us much much more freedom. We currently cant get true AOSP roms to work correctly (they work but with a tooooon of bugs if i remember correctly) because we can't tweak the kernel.

This is also why the only "rom" for d2g is fission and its only really a partial rom.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score

Because all the custom roms that are currently available are is heavily modified framework files. The true custom roms will come when we can run something other than the moto kernel which will allow us much much more freedom. We currently cant get true AOSP roms to work correctly (they work but with a tooooon of bugs if i remember correctly) because we can't tweak the kernel.

This is also why the only "rom" for d2g is fission and its only really a partial rom.

Oh ok, makes sense.
Thanks

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
This was a hoax guys. Check the DX thread.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

clem11388

Reaction score
CRAP!!! I've been reading this thread for a few minutes getting a bit excited about my D2G, then turns out to be all hulla buloo GGGRRRRR. I was getting ready to ask about if this mean Maemo and Meego can be put onto these, but never mind now!! :(

Anyone know if there is still hope of getting the Bootloader unlocked in the future?

Blash

Reaction score
Men, sorry if it's a noob question but I really can't find a clear answer.

I know that Cyanogen requires unlocked bootloader but now it supports D2G since last build (CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution).
What does that mean? Nothing? That the bootloader has been unlocked with the GB official update?

If Cyanogen is using signed Motorola kernel as base (would be weird tho!) that means that D2G is not getting ICS by Cyano unless Motorola releases an official update..

Can anyone clarify this mess? ;)
Thanks!

leobg

Reaction score
CM7 for D2G uses Motorola's kernel as base. Bootloader has not been unlocked (and likely will not be).

Blash

Reaction score
CM7 for D2G uses Motorola's kernel as base. Bootloader has not been unlocked (and likely will not be).

Thanks ;)

That's a pity anyway.. I think I'm heading to Xperia Pro, also considering there are no high-end QWERTY alternatives (at least here in Europe).

leobg

Reaction score
Xperia Pro can hardly be called high end, but you're right, not much choice right now. That Samsung Galaxy S Glide looks interesting, not sure if it is coming to Europe tough..

vikramsingh

Reaction score
What a shame!!! Made my pulse race for a while....trolls should use less sensitive subject for hoaxes...darn :icon_eek: