Bionic pushed back?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by km75, Jul 24, 2011.

1. km75

km75 Member

Ratings:
    +2
  2. teg94

teg94 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All that means (if it's true) is that you wont be able to get it at COSTCO until September. I'm sure this is going to send everyone flying into a tizzy reading into this one little photo, coming up with wild theories that are totally unsupported by fact.

3. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    At this point, who knows? Minimal advertising....I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back. It does give us a chance to look at the photos from the FCC.

4. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say . . . . . MOTHER#&%@*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Xerrus

Xerrus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lets not go wild over this, as was stated above, it just means COSTCO wont be getting them till September, does not mean VZW's launch has been postponed. Nothing is official till it's official! I say keep our eyes and ears open starting this Thursday...

sent from my Droid Charge

6. teg94

teg94 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This picture doesn't mean anything. It hasn't been verified, we've never been given a real release date to begin with, for all we know Verizon could still be on track with the other un-confirmed release date of Aug 4 that everyone has been spreading around as fact.

7. GBH2

GBH2 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Except that, as I've mentioned before, the only thing remotely concrete pointing to an Aug. 4th release was the original un-confirmed Costco leaked documents saying Aug. 4th. The only other reliable info we have has said Sept (although we were still hoping maybe late Aug)

8. NittanyLion4life

Ratings:
    +0
    Apple and Samsung will both be licking their chops if the Bionic slips to September. Motorola cant afford to let this phone slip past the rumored August 4th date.....

9. teg94

teg94 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why?

Do you have any proof that Apple and Samsung care about the Bionic at all? That they even know about a rumored August 4th release date? All you're going on is wild speculation.

10. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    since the phone to now be released is clearly the Targa (originally targeted for Q3 release), a release anytime before Sept 30 will be "on time". most of the indicators were for a late Aug or Sept release, anyway. all of these Aug 4 rumors, i think, were spawned mainly by peoples' impatience...

11. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I think a lot of us seek that instant gratification. We want things when we want them, not later. The only real news I've seen on the Bionic release date was something saying it would be released this summer. The rest is rumors we've all scrounged up from here and here. No sense jumping up and down screaming for something that isn't ready. I've waited this long. Whatever my next phone happens to be, and I think its gonna be the Bionic, I want to have as few hassles using it as possible. And just because one store has one roll-out date doesn't mean that is the release date for all stores, does it?

12. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Well Moto did say a summer launch for the Bionic. September is pushing it...