Unlock Your Moto X with a Google ATAP designed Digital Tattoo from VivaLnk

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vivalink-digital-tattoo.png

A Silicon Valley tech start-up company called VivaLnk, together with the Google ATAP group have developed a Digital Tattoo which will unlock your Moto X using NFC technology. In case you don't remember this tech, a little over a year ago, the Motorola-controlled (while owned by Google) Advanced Technologies Group debuted the concept along with the Digital Pill idea. While the Digital Pill will likely take more time to build interest, the Digital Tattoo is workable now.

The tattoo lasts 5 days before you need to change it out. Right now the product is limited only to the Moto X, but the company plans to release it to other devices in the future. The VivLnk Digital Tattoo is sold in packs of ten at a price of $9.99, which means it should last you about 50 days. The tattoo is also waterproof so there's no need to worry about rain ruining your technological fashion statement.

It may seem like a silly way to bypass the need for pins, passwords and keylocks, but there are definitely consumers out there who would be drawn to this concept. Here's a link below to the company's website for those interested in finding out more.

Source: VivaLnk

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Seems rather pricey for just unlocking the phone. If it made me dinner as well...with my connected oven, fridge and robot arms in the kitchen, then I think it would be more useful.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed with you guys. Still, never underestimate the power of a fashion statement. Some folks will gladly pay that kind of money to be a technological trend-setter. ;)

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Of the people I work with, I am a "trend setter".

I had a Nest Learning Thermostat before Google bought them out. This thing has saved me money this summer on power consumption.

I had almost ordered a Nest Protect, but the whole disabling CM detection with a hand wave. Happy they got that sorted out.

I have ordered 4 Ubiquiti InWall Outlet and Switch. I will be a connected devices person. I love changing the temp. in my house when I am not home if I forget to do it when I leave.

I am all about the internet of things, but if all it is going to do is unlock my phone for me, I think I can wait.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The SKIP is $20 and I am sure that will work with most Moto Devices from this point forward.