Unhappy With Verizon Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe all the hard feelings in here. I never bashed the droid at all. I love the phone. I was ranting about verizon. No need for harsh words people. Damn this is worse than a chat room from the early 90's.

No hard feelings--you are asking for something that is totally unrealistic.

You want a company to send you a brand new $600 dollar item with no risk to you while you are holding a heavily subsidized $600 item in your hand.

Why you would expect Verizon to front you $1000 is beyond comprehension.

Very, very few online retailers will let you return items to their brick and mortar stores. So you should have seen that one coming.

Furthermore, very few online vendors will send you a replacement item before you return the first item. Verizon is actually being generous here.

The problem is not us, and the problem is not Verizon.

The problems are yours.

You didn't read your purchase agreement and understand your options for return.

You don't understand that Verizon is actually offering you a better return policy than 90% of internet vendors.

And you're whining because you posted in a public forum and some people said things that you didn't like. Welcome to the internet.

Oh my.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
cleaned up thread.

no need to close it but stay on topic.

You went to a reseller and as everyone pointed out THAT was your problem.

No use ranting anymore Josh. If you would have went to a corporate store they would have taken care of you. Now you see the problem with going to resellers.

Discuss the subject like adults.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
Is it really worth continuing this conversation. I mean ****, give me a damn break. Smart asses are a dime a dozen. Nothing in the return policy I read mentions anything about having to pay for another phone if I chose to exchange mine. Plenty of people have posted on this site about returns/exchanges and no one has ever mentioned going through what I went through. I want to simply make others aware of how it could happen to them.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
Like I said before, customer service told me I couldn't go to a corporate store. I would have to mail it back. I'm done ranting. Enough said, enough learned. Thanks everyone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to a reseller. The corporate store is over 2 hours away from me.
This is why I always preach corporate store, or buy directly from VZW CS in a call center. You will get much better service. A lot of resellers, and online places like wirefly have their own ETF policies that are in addition or different from your VZW one. And, sounds like you're getting a "Certified Like New" (formerly called FRU). They are adding that $$ to your account to hold as collateral until you return your original phone. Nothing new, been that way for many years. This isn't a new policy whatsoever.

Many of the issues you talk about are ones that will probably be resolved as soon as you get your replacement.

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
I bought my phone from verizon wireless online. Not wirefly or any other site. The internet sales associate I spoke with tonight advised me it would be a brand new device.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Like I said before, customer service told me I couldn't go to a corporate store. I would have to mail it back. I'm done ranting. Enough said, enough learned. Thanks everyone.

Don't forget that you can contact Motorola Customer Support ion this situation. They made the phone and they have a stake in this. If you aren't getting what you want or need from Verizon, try Motorola. If it's truly a hardware issue, they may well be willing to step up here. Many people found Motorola to be of more help with the battery cover, for example. Try them too before you throw in the towel.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
You want a company to send you a brand new $600 dollar item with no risk to you while you are holding a heavily subsidized $600 item in your hand.

Why you would expect Verizon to front you $1000 is beyond comprehension

Your math is off. He's already paid (regardless of how heavily subsidized) for the Droid he has in hand. They would only be fronting the $600 for the Droid they send him. The only conceivable way for Verizon to be "out" over a grand is if he got the second Droid, kept the first, and then somehow got out of his contract and never paid them again.

Untwist your panties and show a little [un]common 'net courtesy. Let the guy have his rant. Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you're entitled to brazen incivility. It's a sign of a lack of maturity.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh, while Verizon is billing you the $200 for the new device, you won't ever have to pay that provided you return the previous device when you receive the new one. It's just an insurance on their part that you will return the phone instead of hanging on to the first one and say, selling it on eBay.
They'll charge your VZW account the $200.... you don't need to actually pay it and then get refunded.... just return the first phone and they'll wipe off the $200 charge from your bill. It's very simple.
Don't stress yourself out, there's enough crap out there to fill in the blanks :)

OP
J

joshclovis

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I won't throw in the towel just yet. I'm gonna bet the phone they are sending will be better. If not, I'll contact Motorola. I do realize the Droid has only been out for a little over a month, so it's normal to have some issues I would think.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Josh, while Verizon is billing you the $200 for the new device, you won't ever have to pay that provided you return the previous device when you receive the new one. It's just an insurance on their part that you will return the phone instead of hanging on to the first one and say, selling it on eBay.
They'll charge your VZW account the $200.... you don't need to actually pay it and then get refunded.... just return the first phone and they'll wipe off the $200 charge from your bill. It's very simple.

See...civility. It makes the 'net such a nicer place. :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought my phone from verizon wireless online. Not wirefly or any other site. The internet sales associate I spoke with tonight advised me it would be a brand new device.
I thought you said in a previous post you got it from a reseller. If you got the phone from VZW online, then you could go to a corporate store and exchange it like I did. I got mine online, and had to exchange the original one a week later at a corporate store because of an internal memory issue. If you're saying VZW wouldn't let you return it because your closest store is a reseller and the corporate store is 2 hours away from you, it's correct, the reseller is not a corporate store and therefore would not be able to do the exchange. Again, you've been treated no different than anyone else in your situation, down to the $200 collateral until they receive your first Droid back. It's S.O.P.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread has been :closed_2:

I know dealing with a situation like this is extremely hard and frustrating. I have had to deal with many things like this all the time, though not with verizon as of yet. Always remember that the first person you talk to is usually never a supervisor. In your case, having talked to techs and it having been a week, the best thing to do would have been contact a supervisor immediately. They are always the best ones to help you in a situation like that. While verizon is not a bad company, just like any company in the world, it can have bad people working for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.