Verizon/Motorola Warranty

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. May want to check the link that was posted earlier directly to the Asurian site. Had insurance on my Motorola Q with a $50 deductible. When upgraded to Droid (on launch day...)was informed the deductible was being raised to $89.00 for all advanced smartphones...

anDROIDthony

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a NEW droid? I went through the refurbished cycle with my Motorola Q and I am definitely not willing to start that garbage again considering I just bought my droid after Christmas.

I was trying to contact my VZW district manager, but I got tired of playing phone tag with her.
Heres her contact if you want to pester her.

Anna Eddy
(949) 275-7719
I think shes the district manager for the Orange County, CA area.

DCMountaineer

Reaction score
Nope. May want to check the link that was posted earlier directly to the Asurian site. Had insurance on my Motorola Q with a $50 deductible. When upgraded to Droid (on launch day...)was informed the deductible was being raised to $89.00 for all advanced smartphones...

I checked the Asurion site and sure enough it listed a $50 deductible for my DROID. I was told by a Verizon Rep that I had been grandfathered into the Droid insurance since I had kept the coverage (and made no changes) from my old phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a NEW droid? I went through the refurbished cycle with my Motorola Q and I am definitely not willing to start that garbage again considering I just bought my droid after Christmas.
Buy one. Refurbs are industry standard for replacements.

OP
AquaDan88

AquaDan88

Reaction score
So I got my replacement today. After about 15 minutes into it, I noticed that there is something wrong under the screen. It seems like when they were putting it back together, a piece of foam got stuck, and you can see it coming out on the side of the screen. It doesn't really affect the display, but they're sending me a new replacement.

OP
AquaDan88

AquaDan88

Reaction score
So. Less than a week later, I now have 3 Droids sitting on my desk in front of me. One is my original one with the damaged headphone jack and slider, one is my first replacement that the proximity sensor is faulty and the screen has a piece of foam sticking out from the side under the glass, and the third is the replacement for the second, where the screen is actually off center and crooked.

In short, I'm done with this "Certified Like New Replacement" BS, and I'm keeping my original. Once I can warrant a $90 deductible, I'll place a claim with Asurion.

This is not the first time I've dealt with crappy replacements from Verizon. My girlfriend had an LG Chocolate that was faulty, she tried to go through the replacement program, and she went through about 6 of them in a 3 month period. She finally said screw it and got a new phone off eBay.

Buyers beware, Verizon is a great company when it comes to service and the selection of phones, but their Certified Like-New Replacement system is absolute crap. GET INSURANCE!

Thanks for listening to my rant. Feel free to comment.

djthebuilder

Reaction score
Possible Upgrade?

Well my DROID 3 (which has been covered by a case and screen shield since day 1 and an otterbox commuter series since they came out) has a crack in the pastic between the usb charging port and the hdmi out. The phones never been dropped and there's not a scratch on the back or front for that matter. Phone looks perfect besides it and the case looks almost perfect too. But anyways i'm not really feeling the phone.. keyboard is HARD to slide out, and overall just dont really like the phone. If i went to replace it is there a possiblity i could upgrade to the bionic.. If i pay the extra money of course. Or do you think no verizon employee would do that. I guess it couldnt hurt to try but i'd like some imput. Trust me the phones perfect besides the crack and i'm afraid its going to get worse.

Thanks!

brandon9559

Reaction score
So. Less than a week later, I now have 3 Droids sitting on my desk in front of me. One is my original one with the damaged headphone jack and slider, one is my first replacement that the proximity sensor is faulty and the screen has a piece of foam sticking out from the side under the glass, and the third is the replacement for the second, where the screen is actually off center and crooked.

In short, I'm done with this "Certified Like New Replacement" BS, and I'm keeping my original. Once I can warrant a $90 deductible, I'll place a claim with Asurion.

This is not the first time I've dealt with crappy replacements from Verizon. My girlfriend had an LG Chocolate that was faulty, she tried to go through the replacement program, and she went through about 6 of them in a 3 month period. She finally said screw it and got a new phone off eBay.

Buyers beware, Verizon is a great company when it comes to service and the selection of phones, but their Certified Like-New Replacement system is absolute crap. GET INSURANCE!

Thanks for listening to my rant. Feel free to comment.

Doesn't assurion send a refurbished phone with a "Verizon certified like new replacement" sticker on it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums