Unbricking Your Droid X

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Connect to what google on your phone or from a web page. Go wipe the cache on your google app

antz2xplicit

Reaction score
Need help!!!

ok basically i fcked my phone after rooting and installing fly x. i cannot recover and the only thing i can do "as a last resort" is the bootloader option. i did the ghetto charger..it worked amazing... my batt is ok and im ok to program. transfer mode is set to usb...

NOW... how do you get your computer to recognize the droid???? please help..

donballz

Reaction score
I am going to cry.

I just flashed the sbf, rooted and got back to froyo. All successfully. Then after deodexing, the screen kept locking up and now it is getting stuck on the M screen. It won't boot. I really don't want to go through this whole process again! :(

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I tried the deodex and got stuck in bootloop luckily clockwork got me back up and running in a few minutes. Not going to that again for awhile.

R00ST3R

Reaction score
OK.. I updated to 2.2 OTA today. Tried to root it, rebooted to Motorola M screen. Tried for a few hours to boot into recovery etc..no luck.

Took it to the VZW store and they tried to restore it. but after 45 minutes..they can't either. It gets stuck in boot loader.

I think I can do it myself, but after two attempts, and a promising 'Pass" using the RSD Light..it just returns back to the bootloader..

I did replace the ini.. using windows XP.
Any suggestions?

BTW VZW said they would send me a new one..so I have nothing to lose at this point but my sanity...

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I read that Motorola changed the boot loader so it its impossible to load the ota and then use RSD Lite. That just bricks the phone. They had this posted on MDW. Good thing Verizon is sending you a new phone.

R00ST3R

Reaction score
good to know.. I wonder why the guy at VZW even wasted my time then trying then?

and if that is in fact the case, then a warning should go on the instructions to the DX users who've updated OTA to not use it...

Last edited:

donballz

Reaction score
Verizon folks probably have the proper 2.2 sbf. The guy at the store may not have known what he was doing though.

As far as a warning, motodoesn't want us having the file to begin with, so they probably see it as a way to punish us naughty rooters. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

raider657

Reaction score
Thank you

Can not thank you guys enough. I messing with system files in root manager and ended up bricking my phone. This worked perfectly. THANKS! dancedroid

lakattack0221

Reaction score
still stuck

my phone is still an endless reboot... it gets stuck at the eye screen... then reboots upto that point every time...

i had problem prior when i had the leaked 2.2 update... then somehow "mixed" a black theme mod with my leak... i lost root and my phone hasn't been able to get it back...

I used clockworkmod... and i was able to get into the custom recovery... but i didn't dare try to install yet another rom.

any advice? i'm going to try again now to reflash via the instructions you provided. thanks for all your help by the way.

lakattack0221

Reaction score
resolved.

fixed. rebooted holding menu+power then search. cleaned/wiped/factory restore before trying anymore flashing > booted up fine... then updated to 2.2OTA. Thanks everyone anyway!

calumnium

Reaction score
need the sbf

hey i'm in desperate need of the 2.1 sbf, my email is [email protected] if that helps although i just joined this forum really just to get the sbf.... which i desperately need. thank you

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Who says honesty is dead, a google search would have probably been faster for you. Or actually reading this thread I think it is said a few times where you can get it. The sbf is 439mb kind large for email.