Unbricking Your Droid X

steeleshark2

Reaction score
I've done that a dozen times at least. Man, this is SO frustrating!

I would use the gift again and then try to activate. Make sure you touch nothing until it says its time to reboot and do nothing to the phone until fully rebooted with the droid character is on the phone. Or even try a factory reset first.

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Thanks, friend. I will do that in the morning when they open back up. Is this a common problem, or do you think it had something to do with the "stupid" attempt to go from 2.1 to 2.3?

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
I would use the gift again and then try to activate. Make sure you touch nothing until it says its time to reboot and do nothing to the phone until fully rebooted with the droid character is on the phone. Or even try a factory reset first.

Yep, tried that already, steeleshark. Thanks!

steeleshark2

Reaction score

Yep, tried that already, steeleshark. Thanks!

No problem!! Just let us know if it gets fixed tomorrow. If it doesn't, there is a lot of talent out here to get you fixed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah when I wiped the first time it activated fine second time it wouldn't do it. I let it sit overnight and in the morning for some reason it worked. The other time I called Verizon and they got my through the initial screen by tapping the corners like you did. Then I called in again after a battery pull and it worked. So if none of those work then if you call them they can give you the numbers you need to do it manually. Flashing back again and again is not needed.

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH!!

Had to call Verizon to manually activate, then works like a charm. dancedroid

trillonometry

Reaction score
My phone gets all the way to 99%... reboots... and the RSD gives me a big FAIL.. The error message says it was unable to switch phone to BP pass through mode.... any fixes?

DroidXer

Reaction score
I installed the 64 bit drivers for my phone, but when I start up RSD Lite it doesn't see it. Please help!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you install the drivers with usb debugging mode off? What mode is your phone on?

DroidXer

Reaction score
I got it working. I got root back on 2.1. Now I am trying to get connected to Google but it won't even do it through the wifi connection. I need that so I can install rom manager and boot strap and all that crap and try to restore back to my 2.1 backup.

DroidXer

Reaction score
I'm USING the ****ing data connection to browse the internet, and yet when I try to connect to my google account it says that it cannot.

millbean

Reaction score
ok just curious to what causes the phone to say invalid battery? should be getting my replacement soon but have still been messing with the broken one wiping data cache etc.. to see if it will come back to life