Unauthorized activity on Gmail

dssdevl

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with someone else accessing their Gmaill account recently? I had my account frozen until I proved I was me this morning and after looking at the recent activity someone with a mobile phone sent out spam from my account from IP addresses out of Germany and Korea.

With it being mobiles the first thing I thought of was my Droid got compromised somehow.

BTW, I am running BB 0.5.

danisfake

Reaction score
Whoa... same thing happened to me last night and I was wondering if it was my droid's fault too. Someone from Morocco with a mobile phone accessed my gmail. I was bugging out for a good hour if they got any other information but it seemed to have just sent spam out to 10 random people before gmail caught it. I've been lurking here for a while and when I saw that I had to register to say something lol.

I'm running a rooted FRG22D with a p3kernel.

Esse2420

Reaction score
Same here as well. mine was accessed from china a while back. i had to change my password like 3 times before it would quit. And i still dont know if its been stopped.

Dreambuilder

Reaction score
Same here

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on how it happened or how to ensure it doesn't happen again?

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
I would have to say look at the apps you have on the phone. Which one accesses data and personal information at the same time? It could be an app sending information to a 3rd party. It can be hard to track that sometimes.

OP
dssdevl

dssdevl

Reaction score
I looked through my installed apps and the only culprit I felt could be the problem was "Not Call Log". The app takes my phone from the call log after a call to my home screen automatically.
I have no idea why it needs to access my personal information to do that, but it had it in the permissions and full internet access.

Droids

Reaction score
It's not likely to be caused by your phone. This is a known issue, not just gmail accounts. Appears to be an automated bot that logs into your account just to send spam. Make sure your gmail password is a secure one, and that it is unique to gmail, not used on any other online sites, which may have been hacked.

torii23

Reaction score
Good to know im not alone in this but I can't get mine unlocked for some reason :(