Suspicious activity on gmail, same day of upgrade D1 - D2

Lenagainster

Reaction score
When I signed in to my gmail account from my computer one evening, having upgraded from the Droid 1 to a new Droid 2 earlier in the day, there was a notice on top of the page of "activity" (didn't list what activity) from an unknown IP address. The warning indicated that I should change my password immediately, which I did. It's been a week since this "invasion" took place and there have been no repercussions. Most all of my passwords have been changed.
A Google search on the IP address listed indicated it was in Scottsdale, AZ, a far cry from my home.
I wonder if somehow this intrusion from an unknown IP address had something to do with upgrading from the D1 to the D2, or just coincidental that it happened on the same day.
Has anyone experienced unexplained activity on their gmail account when upgrading phones? Thanks for any input.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Had something similar with Google and with Facebook. Basically they didn't recognize the IP address that tried to access. Both said the address was in Northern California. Facebook made me log in from my home PC before it reset itself. I figured it had to do with me using my browser to log in via the Droid. In both cases I changed my password just in case.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk