UD 3.0 final coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Hopefully all goes well for the release. The rc boot loops on me after I restart it or make a backup. Not sure what's going on but I spent an hour setting it up today, made a backup, just for it to boot loop,I can't get back in. So I may need to find another gingerbread ROM which sucks.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have been on a CM7 nightly for days while i wait for this. Maybe Ill test out Sourcery ROM V2.0 to see how that compares...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have been on a CM7 nightly for days while i wait for this. Maybe Ill test out Sourcery ROM V2.0 to see how that compares...

Which nightly?

Currently been on the 1/31/11 nightly, i forget the build number. The only issue i found was the camcorder, but the camera works fine, and I have not had 1 reboot... reboots and the camera was my UD issue... Also, I have tried to update to some more recent nightlys but had sync issues and such (which could just be from not wiping or somehting else)

wierdo124

Reaction score
Droid X release pleeeeeeeaseeeeee!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

You know I never get involved in ROM threads other then to moderate but if you want BD to come up with something for the X he probably needs to buy one, or two to do that. I'm not beating the drum for donations here, I'm just talking fact that it's expensive to have to purchase phones for these Devs to come up with new custom ROM's and to the best of my knowledge BD is not a rich man.

Just for the record - Blackdroid DOES have a DX and DOES have UD booted on his DX. it just isn't ready yet, still needs work.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
For those of you itching for a working GB ROM for your OG Droid, try Liquid Gingerbread. I've been using it since the final release of v1.0 came out and it's wonderfully stable. And he just released v1.1 which includes a working camcorder (v1.0 already had a working camera and backlights - things that weren't working for me with UD 3.0).

mcadam

Reaction score
For those of you itching for a working GB ROM for your OG Droid, try Liquid Gingerbread. I've been using it since the final release of v1.0 came out and it's wonderfully stable. And he just released v1.1 which includes a working camcorder (v1.0 already had a working camera and backlights - things that weren't working for me with UD 3.0).

I tried, but that theme.... yuck.

Rodeojones

Reaction score

I agree, it's not the most pleasant-looking ROM, but it's the default Gingerbread look (except for the lockscreen).

ViolentSage

Reaction score
Will the ROM be released on the forums at the same time as the UD webpage? Was hoping for a Monday release and have been checking every few hours on this thread.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mcadam

Reaction score

I agree, it's not the most pleasant-looking ROM, but it's the default Gingerbread look (except for the lockscreen).

It's actually not default. They added a bunch of lime green (volume rocker, some box outlines. Not a big deal to most. I just prefer the pure stock look.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I would count on it being released on his own page first, then it will be posted here.

I would just stop hitting the forum every couple of hours an test another Rom out. Unless you have nothing better to do. When It is out, It will be on the most active list. Can't be missed.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I would count on it being released on his own page first, then it will be posted here.

I would just stop hitting the forum every couple of hours an test another Rom out. Unless you have nothing better to do. When It is out, It will be on the most active list. Can't be missed.

I would agree with illmatic on both items.
If you are registered on the site, I think I remember getting an email when there was a release.
Not sure, illmatic may be able to confirm or deny that one.
Ill also has it right regarding trying out something new while you wait, or just try things out of the box, on what you are running but nandroid first.
Checking forums will drive you nuts.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Definitely will drive you bizerko!!!!

I'm on PE 4.2 right now with the Vanilla theme! Good ol Vanilla Froyo feeling kinda nice and crisp to me. Yesterday played around with Sourcery, and GimpSource. Fun for while it lasted. I can tell you one thing tho, I have a nandroid master copy for every Rom I test out already set up to how I like it in case of updates. CM7master, PE4.2master, GimpMaster, etc.....

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I do the exact same with my backups, I just call the stripped. Since they are the stripped down version with the apps I will always want. Then you can theme flash and not have to flash stock over and then new theme. And if space becomes a concern, there is a great device to put the, the computer.
Did you like Sourcery and Gimp?
Running Sourcery but haven't had time to bring out the gimp, to tip hat to Pulp Fiction.
I like what they've done with Sourcery, create your kernel is a new one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.