Twitter and Motorola's Stance

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
It might not hurt to have a standard twitter, especially so people could re-tweet. Looks more professional.

"@Motorola To whomever may be listening, please release the signing code so that we can unlock our phones."

Something along those lines.

I think it would be more effective if it was done as individuals.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It might not hurt to have a standard twitter, especially so people could re-tweet. Looks more professional.

"@Motorola To whomever may be listening, please release the signing code so that we can unlock our phones."

Something along those lines.

I think it would be more effective if it was done as individuals.

I agree fully.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honstly it would be a waste of money to make a phone just for us. I suggested taking the droid 3, droid x2 or bionic and allowing users to buy the device from them with out blur with the google exeperience...aka unlocked.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
No offense to any of the other devs on this site, but if I was a company like Samsung or LG or any of the low-tier companies I'd be looking to partner up with the Cyanogen Team.

They could release a device with similar specs, and first of all it would definitely draw in the rooted community. Which honestly is very underestimated in my opinion.

But secondly a huge part about sales are aesthetics, which is why you have these companies like Motorola and HTC releasing Blur and Sense. To stand out from each other, and because people often buy things based on how they look.

But given the proper time I'm sure it would be no problem to come out with a stable gingerbread base with a toolbox literally filled with themes.

It doesn't seem like much but people love the ability to change things. And adding that ability to a phone when every other company is doing whatever they can to keep things the same could actually be a great attraction for customers.

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Personally I don't care if it comes with blur as long as I can get rid of it and compile my own custom kernel. I really do wish blur was usable like sense was. Manufacturers can totally add custom user interfaces, they just need to not suck.

EDIT: Also we need to start acting instead of talking as much. I'm gonna start something tonight.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hear hear. Let us know what we need to do, and ill work on getting the troops mobilized.

Coderedpl

Reaction score
I sent some kind of tweet to Moto when they posted news about the Xoom. I never got a reply back =P

This is getting quite annoying I must say. I really like the HTC phones, but damn, thunderbolt at 750 retail doesn't look like too much fun.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to start tweeting them everyday.
If someone makes a template I'll do that as well.

Aram58

Reaction score
I think devs with 1000's of followers should be tweeting daily or weekly. That's a potential 1000 semi-original retweets every day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Well hopefully someone that is friendly with a few devs sees this and we can get something going.

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna get something rolling when I get gingie rooted and stop throwing up. I honestly don't think they would listen. They're just a bunch of [removed stuff that would get me banned] corporate [more stuff that would get me banned]. Whether or not they unlock the bootloader, they've lost me as a customer because I don't trust them. My next phone will either be HTC or home built.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
As am I. Id love to build one ground up, if thats eeven possible.

Aram58

Reaction score
a home built phone would probably be a solid two inches thick

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App