Turning on/off animations

matt2783

Reaction score
I have a friend with a droid who told me that turning off animations (settings>sound and display>animation) would improve battery life and free up memory to make the phone last longer and run faster. Is this true? and what exactly does animation do? Nothing seemed different when I turned it off.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No and No.. I've never seen an animation and it won't free up memory or make it last longer.

I have a friend with a droid who told me that turning off animations (settings>sound and display>animation) would improve battery life and free up memory to make the phone last longer and run faster. Is this true? and what exactly does animation do? Nothing seemed different when I turned it off.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The animations it refers to is like, how new windows zoom in and out of place when you close and launch them....if animations are on, when you open almost anything you will see it zoom into place REALLY fast so you gotta watch for it

Also, JIT is supposed to improve these animations

OP
matt2783

matt2783

Reaction score
I can see the difference now, I can't imagine that turning that off would free up much of anything. Thanks for the replies.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can see the difference now, I can't imagine that turning that off would free up much of anything. Thanks for the replies.

Get Spare Parts from the Market and it will let you increase the speed of window transitions and animations. Nothing real dramatic, but faster.