trouble getting back to stock apps

plasticsoul

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new user. Recently rooted my device with the UD rom, and I have run into a few problems since then. hoping someone can help.

1) I am not a fan of the UD phone app, don't like the scheme at all, and I was quite partial to the original app that came with froyo. I do not see an option in the UD setting to return to stock phone app. Anyone know how to do this?

2) After the root, my texting program no longer has the ability to use the bulls-eye cursor. Not sure if this is something I need to enable somewhere or not, but I couldn't find anything about it online. I attempted reverting to the stock app, but it is not available there either.

Anyone have any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before you installed the UD ROM did you make a back up? If so you should be able to go into your bootstraps and enter recovery. Restore the back up and your should be OK.

If you have issues then you will probably have to use the sbf. I say that because when I used the recovery on my D2 I had several issues afterwards and had to sbf to get my D2 working correctly. I don't know if you'll have that issue with the X or not.

OP
P

plasticsoul

Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply. If I revert to a backup, will I then need to root my phone again, and hope that the same problems do not occur?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply. If I revert to a backup, will I then need to root my phone again, and hope that the same problems do not occur?

With the bullseye and texting thing? I really don't know, from just rooting that shouldn't have happened. But yes, if you restore you will be at stock, if everything goes right. So if you want root you'd have to do it again.

OP
P

plasticsoul

Reaction score
thanks hookbill. I recovered to a previous backup, and my apps are working correctly, but I also continue to have the apps that I installed after rooting, such as wifi tether, adfree, etc. And they continue to work. I am not sure if this is normal or not, but I am quite relieved. thanks for the help

OP
P

plasticsoul

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the tip. This rom looks pretty cool, I will give it a try.