Trillian for android beta!

erikfig

Reaction score
What is this app for?

***EDIT***

Pretty Cool APP!! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!!

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

Reaction score
Its a messaging app that that combines yahoo, msn, icq, google, aol, skype, and several others. Ive been using it on the comp for years. Its great on the comp. so I imagine itll be great on the droid as well.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I can't get MSN to work - won't let me initiate chats with any of my MSN contacts. I notice too that Skype doesn't work. Still nice to see. Now someone needs to create Pidgin for Android :p.

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

Reaction score
I can't get MSN to work - won't let me initiate chats with any of my MSN contacts. I notice too that Skype doesn't work. Still nice to see. Now someone needs to create Pidgin for Android :p.
The beta just came out today, give it some time.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I couldn't even get past the first screen. Guess I'm stupid.

It wouldn't accept my user name and password for AIM, or Yahoo.

Oh well. Guess I'll wait until it's out of beta.

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

Reaction score
If ya download the trillian program for your desktop and create your astra account and log into your different aol yahoo and what have ya on the desktop program, when you log in on the android app itll all work for ya. Least it does for me. I didnt have to set up any of my accounts on the android, i just logged into my trillian account, and all my accounts were set up for me.

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
I didn't know that they were still developing/enhancing Trillian. It's been around for years. I'll have to check out the Android version, the screenshot does look pretty good.

KevinJ

Reaction score
If ya download the trillian program for your desktop and create your astra account and log into your different aol yahoo and what have ya on the desktop program, when you log in on the android app itll all work for ya. Least it does for me. I didn't have to set up any of my accounts on the android, i just logged into my trillian account, and all my accounts were set up for me.
Interesting. I've used Trillian for years on my computers, but never had an account with them. I've always set up my different IM's in the program, without a global account. Wonder if that's something new?

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

Reaction score
Just preference. To me, at least, it looks more put together, more professional.