Trillian Beta out for Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Aug 20, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +143
    [​IMG]

One of the most popular chat clients available on the PC that allows for use of multiple chatting services is now available for Android Devices. Trillian for Android will let you connect AIM, Facebook Chat, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ and more with just one app. Some of the new features include:

• Tabbed chat: Switch between many simultaneous chat sessions easily by tapping the tabs. View latest activities at a glance!
    • Landscape mode: We know you want it, so we included this in the first version of our Android port! Works perfectly with phones with a sliding keyboard.
    • Send emoticons, photos and buzz: Share a picture taken with your phone camera, have fun with a large variety of emoticons, and even buzz your friends to demand attention!

To check out the beta visit: Trillian for Android
  2. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I been using Ebuddy, might check this out. Thanks.
    :]

sent from MyD1.
  3. djkms

djkms Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love trillian, use it on my home pc. Wondering how this is going to work with battery life.

Subscribed
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Im not liking this beta at all.. no way to put it in the status bar, at least that I can find, looks clunky... hopefully will improve.
  5. GThree

GThree Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hated it.

eBuddy > Trillian Beta
  6. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I am associating something else with this here but I have noticed an abnormally high 3G activity since I installed this beta.

Anyone else notice this?
  7. mikeymop

mikeymop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed three apps, one being the beta. And the past two days my batter cant last longer then nine hours. I hope it's not trillian because I'm really liking the beta
  8. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0

I installed the beta, signed in, sent 1 message, turned the screen off and put it in my pocket. I pulled my phone out in line at dinner and noticed that it was down to 20% in a matter of an hour and the 3G arrows were lit (both directions). Five minutes later I noticed the 3G icon was STILL showing data transmitting in both directions. I had to put the phone in airplane mode to keep it from going completely dead.

Like I said, I am not sure if the beta is doing it but nothing has changed in my device configuration in the last few weeks. I uninstalled to make sure.
  9. mikeymop

mikeymop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you click Menu > more > suspend?
  10. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I didnt. I didnt know that was needed. So, I have to "suspend" trillian when I turn my phone off, or it will eat my battery? If that is the case, then they should put that in the release notes or something.
  11. mikeymop

mikeymop Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely the best IM application I've seen. It's the first one that has actually swayed me from not uninstalling it within minutes. It even appears to use the stock messaging service instead of creating it's own like others did. Very light, full featured and best of all, no gaudy interface!
  13. Section Twelve

Section Twelve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You sound like an advertisement for the company.
  14. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I assure you I'm not. But I have used Trillian on most of my computers for the greater part of about 7 years now. I was skeptical trying the mobile version as Trilian desktop has always been skinned, something I hate on android clients, but Trillian for Android looks almost like a native app. Then I checked to see if it created a bunch of junk running services, and it appears to tie right into the native messaging service which is a huge plus for battery life. It also supports image transfer on all clients. And features push notification support, another plus for battery life. So far, everything seems great. I had tried meebo, Ebuddy, hi! Aim and the likes back when I first got an Android device, and was so hugely disappointed with them that I uninstalled every single one within a day of installing it.

That's a lot coming from me as well since I average sending and receiving around 800-1300 IM's a day as opposed to phone calls (1-3 hours a day) and text messages (hopefully 0 since I canceled that part of my plan). For the last year and a half I've been using GTalk on my phone and using a server to route AIM contacts to Gtalk instead of having to use other apps which I hated so.
  15. Vinaaga

Vinaaga New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I use Skype, and Skype Trillian has not. Also, I get FCs when I try to reopen the app after leaving it alone for like 5min.

So far the only client I've found that has skype and stays connected all the time is imo.im, which sucks bc imo.im is ugly.