Trillian Beta out for Android

chewy74

Reaction score
No way to leave the app to do something else. If you switch out of trillion to another app or to browse, it will shut down and you have to start it again and sign back in. Also no ongoing notification on the status bar.
lots of fc when trying to log back in....

Nice UI though

Uninstall until its a lot more stable

Very promising

Brian513

Reaction score
Just installed... It's FC'ing a lot on my Droid running 2.2 (rooted). Almost to the point that it's unusable. I'll stick with Meebo until they get the bugs worked out. After that, it should be pretty good!

mikeymop

Reaction score
No way to leave the app to do something else. If you switch out of trillion to another app or to browse, it will shut down and you have to start it again and sign back in. Also no ongoing notification on the status bar.

Nice UI though

Very promising

If you back out without signing out it makes notifications and leaves you signted in. I never had a FC either. What're you using?

AtrusNex

Reaction score
No FCs here either. I have had it sign out after a long time of inactivity though. I think it signs out if you lose a connection only.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I tried it, but it wouldn't let me sign in with any of my IM user names/password combos. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Maybe you need a Trillian user account first. I signed in with my Trillian account and it imported in all my other accounts with no fuss.

mikeymop

Reaction score
I tried it, but it wouldn't let me sign in with any of my IM user names/password combos. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

You have to make a Trillian account. Then you add you'r IM username/password to the Trillian account.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been using Trillian for so long on my computers that back when I started you didn't have to have an account. You just installed the program, and added your specific IM user info. :D

mikeymop

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? Looks interesting.

I personally love it. The only thing that could make it better is if I had a Trillian pro account and I could sync my chat history between the desktop and android version

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I like it quite a bit. For the most, part it's the most ideal IM client for me on android. It has a few quirks, but it is in beta still. MY biggest complaint is sometimes, if my phone is on wifi, I won't get my messages until I turn my phone back on. I imagine this is not a problem with Trillian but my sleep settings for wifi though, which is an easy fix if you want to waste the battery.

chewy74

Reaction score
backing out by hitting the back button or hitting home? when i do either, it signs me out, and when i restart the app it prompts me each time to log back in and thats where my FC's happens

i believe i tried both and i dont get any ongoing notification on the status bar...i will try it again

I'm running LithuimMod w/EVO theme

Nice UI though

Very promising

If you back out without signing out it makes notifications and leaves you signted in. I never had a FC either. What're you using?

corwinb1906

Reaction score
There is a new beta version on the Trillian website that has fixed some of the problems that have been mentioned on this topic. I am running a Droid with 2.2 update and program has been running solid for 24 hours with no force closes.

mikeymop

Reaction score
I installed the update aswell, it's a little annoying how they're handling the updates. but I'm sure that'll be resolved once it's in the market.

I never had a force close, the only change I've seen is now the trillian logo is in the notification bar whenever you're signed in.

mikeymop

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post but you cant edit...
The only bug I've gotten, was in the first version. I haven't tried to replicate it yet.

The bug was if you'r in landscape and you recieve a few large IM's and then you send a few large IM's and rotat to portrait the chat bubbles will overlap.