1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Trillian Coming Soon to Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 8, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG]

Instant Messaging (IM) clients are already available for Android in varying flavors, including Yahoo! Messaging, Google Talk, AndChat, and Hello AIM, among others. But so far there has been no decent IM client that handles all of these IM services in one application. And the first thing that may pop into your head when you think of an all-in-one IM client, would be Trillian. Well, today we have great news for you. Trillian is currently working on an Android app, and should have a Beta out within the next few weeks!

So, I guess now we can say, "Droid Does Trillian". With the app, you will be able to connect to AIM, ICQ, IRC, Windows Live!, Facebook Chat, Yahoo!, and Jabber. You will also be able to synchronize all your contacts and accounts with your desktop-based Trillian client. Also, interestingly, Trillian for Android will take advantage of Google's updated push notification system.

Check out a few screenshots below:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So, my question for the DF community, does anyone still use Trillian? And is anyone looking forward to this app? Also, do keep an eye out for a leaked beta before the official one is released in "a few weeks"!

via Phandroid
    source: Cerulean Studios Blog
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. mottling

mottling New Member

I was hoping to use Pidgin for Droid, but I say there hasn't been a UI developed for it yet. I might have to settle with Trillian.

Will Trillian be OTR?
  3. boddah

boddah New Member

Bout time! for me, this is the be all and end all of PC instant messaging, hopefully the android version is too
  4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

good question. there was no mention of it. you can go ahead and email the developer.
  5. Hiker5208

Hiker5208 New Member

Still use Trillian myself and love it. Nice to be able to use all the different IM's in one interface. There is a new windows version coming soon too with Twitter and Facebook integration amongst other things.
  6. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Digsby!

Tenchar
  7. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Meebo IM pretty much does the same thing as Trillian. I just hope Trillian works much better than Meebo when it comes out. Meebo IM has been out a long while now, too.
  8. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

sweet I used to use trillian when I was using ICQ and AIM lol, just wished it had a twitter feature lol
  9. DroidNinja

DroidNinja New Member

Looking forward to it!
  10. xandor

xandor New Member

I believe trillian 5 is supposed to have more twitter features. I can read my twitter feeds in trillian 4 right now. Can't wait for this!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. ditzwill

ditzwill New Member

Meebo Rocks!!

Dude, Meebo handles mutiple chat clients at once and works really well. Trillian is by far not the first!
  12. khelek

khelek New Member

Actually, as a Linux user, it's Pidgin....but, eh....

This is cool. I don't do a whole lot of IM from my phone, but when I do, I've used Meebo. It's worked for what I needed it, but I've heard a lot of good things about Trillian from those who use it, so I would switch to use it.

OTR in Trillian would definitely be sweet....
  13. validoption

validoption New Member

Isn't this the same thing as eBuddy?
  14. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

I've used Trillian for years. I've never put an IM client on my phone, because I've heard bad things about all of them. Hopefully Trillian will rock the Droid.

Of course, since I use my phone 95% of the time as a phone - and nothing else - I might not use Trillian anyways. :D
  15. Daver

Daver New Member

Wait, people still use IM clients? Trillian was the best thing back in the day though...
  16. khelek

khelek New Member

If you use IM, I imagine you would :)

I mean, I tried to give up my IM client and use carrier pigeons, but the damn lag got to be too much....
  17. Daver

Daver New Member

Ha, was just a lil joke, I just don't use those things anymore. It's all text msging these days it seems. I don't think I've logged onto AIM or anything like it in years.
  18. scf

scf Member

Trillian is, and will always be, the hot chick from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Well, to me anyways...:)
  19. khelek

khelek New Member

I can definitely see each having their place -- I live and die by IM (Jabber, to be exact) at my job, so IM is an integral part of my life. I'm often called to "be available" when certain changes are being made, and having an IM client on my phone means I can be in the den with my family logged into Jabber instead of having to be tied to my computer in my study.

Outside of that, though, I don't do much with IM on the phone. Between GV and VZW SMS, the majority of messaging on my phone is via SMS. It works for me, but I have some people who complain that they only get 250 msgs/month, and I've thought about telling them to install Google Talk on their BB and then they wouldn't have to worry about text charges. But, they don't use Gmail, which makes it harder (I've also tried to get him to set up GV, but he's too lazy....).

But yeah, I completely understand.....
  20. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

Pretty cool looking as well.
Search tags for this page
otr for android aim

trillian android otr