Tried to install CM9 beta, now im caught in a bootloop... Please HELP.

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
initially did a restore of first backup, didnt help. Tried going back to stock, didnt work. Rerooted,nothing. CWM is gone. It gets half way thru the boot animation and just reboots. Boot animation seems to be poor quality since flashing CM9. Any help?

I have tried everything i can. I'm new with adb, but i'm catching on... can anyone help? i have restored factory image, reinstalled factory radios.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
initially did a restore of first backup, didnt help. Tried going back to stock, didnt work. Rerooted,nothing. CWM is gone. It gets half way thru the boot animation and just reboots. Boot animation seems to be poor quality since flashing CM9. Any help?

I have tried everything i can. I'm new with adb, but i'm catching on... can anyone help? i have restored factory image, reinstalled factory radios.

You probably have this worked out by now. Sorry we didn't see your post in time to actually help you! However, listed below is how I've handled a couple of bootloops:

If you get bootlooped or other non-recoverable issue:

1. Pull battery and replace it.
  2. Hold down the up and the down volume key and press the power button.
  3. You have a screen that shows the android with an open hatch and the word Start above it.
  4. Use the up and down keys to navigate to the “Recovery Mode” menu
  5. Press the Power Button to reboot into Recovery (CWR)
  6. Reinstall your rom or restore a backup.
Good luck and again, sorry we missed your post.

OP
D

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I havent fixed the issue. Nexus is still giving me constant bootloops. I have flashed the stock image through both adb AND odin. Went completely back to stock unrooted and locked and back again. Nothing has fixed it. I cant seem to push files through adb that i can find when i try to install zip through cwm recovery. im using /data/media as the destination. cant find file after push. I have a feeling it could have to do with the kernel. any way to update kernel through odin or adb?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I havent fixed the issue. Nexus is still giving me constant bootloops. I have flashed the stock image through both adb AND odin. Went completely back to stock unrooted and locked and back again. Nothing has fixed it. I cant seem to push files through adb that i can find when i try to install zip through cwm recovery. im using /data/media as the destination. cant find file after push. I have a feeling it could have to do with the kernel. any way to update kernel through odin or adb?

What files are you trying to push with adb and why are you putting them in a media file. Is this related to your bootlooping issue. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
D

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
i figured out why i couldnt push files to media file, cmd prompt needed to be closed and reopened. I can get into CWM. Tried installing revolution hd, it boots up but get stuck at initial language screen on bootup. says "Process system is not responding. Would you like to close it? WAIT/OK" are the options no response from screen when trying to select either option. I need to pull battery to reboot into fastboot...

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Read the post I messed up bad. I fixed his phone last night remotely with similar problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
D

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
no, i don't at the current moment. im guessing that's something i'm going to need to do...

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
well download the stock image if u dont already have it. extract it too. in ur android sdk u have to open manager and download the platform tools it includes the adb and fasboot. i would also download the generic google driver as well. they are in the sdk manager or whatnot.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
the stock zip file is under development thread. Also winrar work for me fine when i did this.
Now once you have everything set up right. Place the extracted files in the folder under where you see the adb. I think its tools, or platform-tools. Its easy to find tho.