Possibly a kernel-related bootloop...

hunterfett

Reaction score
So I excitedly flashed the Vicious JellyBean leak last night, and loved every second of my buttery experience. I noodled with my settings as I am wont to do, and I believe I checked the devilish little box in franco's kernel manager that sets CPU values on boot. Perhaps this wasn't the wisest idea, as after a single restart, my phone first got to my SIM lock screen - which is perfectly normal - then blanked out, booted to the Google screen, and stayed there. A battery pull, full wipe (using the Android Revolution HD SuperWipe script, no less) and re-flash to the CM9RC001 I still have in my phone's memory, and now I just get stuck in an endless bootloop that doesn't even finish the new CM9 bootlogo. My attempts to re-flash JellyBean have met with similar results, only without even leaving the Google screen.

I searched the forums and came across the 100% restore trick, but there too is a hiccup. You see, I'm on windows 8, and apparently, windows 8 command prompt doesn't recognize adb as a command no matter what I install. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I really hope it's the latter. This is where my love for the bleeding edge betrays me. Help, please!

Edit: Herp derp, didn't yet attempt a restore from backup, trying now...
X2: Yeah, restore from backup seems to have fixed my issues. Let that be a lesson to everybody else; don't panic, and ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP. Fr srs.

Last edited:
OP
H

hunterfett

Reaction score
So it turns out my problems weren't fixed. After restarting hoping to smooth out first-boot issues, it seems my kernel problem is back in full force. I'm also on my way to work now, so this is less fun than I could ever have hoped for, but I'm gonna keep flashing and re-flashing hoping for results. If anybody has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. :biggrin: