I fixed my own bootloop and random reboot problem...

PoiTEE

Reaction score
I know how to search forums so therefor I don't post a lot unless its something I can not find or the solution does not work for me. Recently I have switched from BB to Droid.. I have a Droid 1.. BB is good for on the go business class however.. Im down the with droid.

I rooted amonth or so ago.. I've been through several roms.. never had a bootloop issue or reboot issue until Ultimate droid.

This is my setup:
ROM Manager & Clockwork
Titanium Backup
Ultimate Droid Extreme 8
Chevys ULV 1.2

I wiped installed and titanium backup when i'd reboot I would get the endless bootloop.

First step.. SPB... I wiped SPB'd UD 8 (you have to put in the root directory and name it update.zip) And everything went fine.

I always skip the login when you first flash a rom where you put your google account info in and just restore. I did an expirament and just have titanium backup restore my apps and settings. This was the problem. Something that titanium backup was restoring was causing bootloop.

I went through the normal way adding my info at first bootup. I selectively installed my ups using titanium backup and NO BOOTLOOP!.

I hope someone finds this information useful. This is a good rom and I hope to see it continued in development. I am feaful that the droid 1 is going to lose dev's due to the new devices.

D

dazedabyss

I also suspected the same thing with other problems,force closes ,boot loops phone basically really buggy, conclusion was,and fix for me,astro to restore just apps and not using titanium anymore for restoring any user data. i inputted info manually, took a little longer but no more bugs

Russ2387

Reaction score
i have had SUCH a problem with this. i flash the rom, eventually i reboot or start my droid. and a boot screen i didnot install {fighting stickmen} comes on and bootloops. i have gone back and forth between cynogen {my back up} and UD8 5 or 6 times. i am using titanium backup. but i re-backup TB before i flash UD. so im NOT using the same backup everytime i flash. so maybe it is TB itself....

ill flash UD8 again and not use TB, ill let you know what happens...

Russ2387

Reaction score
hmmm.. astro backs up apps. but does it backup contacts to?

Russ2387

Reaction score
ok thanks. does it back up automatically? if i put in a new contact then 2 minutes later, i wipe and flash, will the new contact be restored? pics in gallery too?

OP
P

PoiTEE

Reaction score
After some experimenting titanium backup was the issue.. Most problematic was restoring the phone settings. I purposefully recreated the error and TB is the cause.

Just restore via Google and add your apps manually. I have a suspicion that it is setcpu doing it but to be on the safe side its just install everything manually.

OP
P

PoiTEE

Reaction score
ok thanks. does it back up automatically? if i put in a new contact then 2 minutes later, i wipe and flash, will the new contact be restored? pics in gallery too?

Make sure you do a sync afterwards and you should be good.