Transparent apps...what's missing ?

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Can the Gmail and Market apps have a tinted background? Dig the transparency but a little hard to see with my wallpaper. Great Work!
Here you go. Semi-transparent as you requested.

You can change the background to whatever you like by placing your image in the res/drawable-hdpi folder under the name custom_background_gmail.png or custom_background_market.png respectively.

Attachments

• Gmail_update.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
  • Vending_2.3.3_update.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 139

ranger135

Reaction score
I can't get any of the transparent or inverted markets to work on UD 3.01. I've tried flashing the zip and adb pushing over my current market after clearing cache as well as deleting the old market first. I deleted everything in /system/app and /data/app that has to do with the market. The new markets just don't show up in my app drawer. Any help would be appreciated!

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I can't get any of the transparent or inverted markets to work on UD 3.01. I've tried flashing the zip and adb pushing over my current market after clearing cache as well as deleting the old market first. I deleted everything in /system/app and /data/app that has to do with the market. The new markets just don't show up in my app drawer. Any help would be appreciated!
If your market has already updated OTA, the only way I've been able to flash these is to restore back to before it updated and then flash the zip before opening the market. This meant reinstalling P.E. v5.0.1 for me just this morning because I went into the market before flashing mine and it updated on me. I didn't have a nandroid done, so I had to redo everything. Hope this helps you out:)

mik3_cl

Reaction score
Thanks Pete! I'm going to try these. In the new market I did notice when hit the more tab under the "Comments" heading the background is still white with black letters.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Thanks Pete! I'm going to try these. In the new market I did notice when hit the more tab under the "Comments" heading the background is still white with black letters.
I noticed that earlier myself, just haven't had time to look into it yet. I just uploaded a new vending.zip with some other changes if you wanna grab that though. Just some png edits and removed the title bar from the downloads page.

ranger135

Reaction score
If your market has already updated OTA, the only way I've been able to flash these is to restore back to before it updated and then flash the zip before opening the market. This meant reinstalling P.E. v5.0.1 for me just this morning because I went into the market before flashing mine and it updated on me. I didn't have a nandroid done, so I had to redo everything. Hope this helps you out:)

For those interested, I got it to work by reflashing UD 3.01, booting up, skipping the google account sign-in, then reboot to recovery and flash transparent market. It didn't work until I booted up UD without signing in to my account. Thanks for the help!

mik3_cl

Reaction score
Thanks again pete, those looked great, I'm attempting to duplicate the effect on the mms.apk for PE V5. I had figured it out on 4.2 but this one is a little different. Any suggestions?

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I've never looked into the stock messaging app since I use handcent and can customize it however I want, but I can look at it tomorrow.

droidxethan

Reaction score
i cant get market to work still :/ i even unistalled update and when i try to flash it it removes my market completly so i keep having to restore my backup also the contacts didnt work either but besides that gmail, facebook, and calculator work great and look awesome

decalex

Reaction score
Can the Gmail and Market apps have a tinted background? Dig the transparency but a little hard to see with my wallpaper. Great Work!
Here you go. Semi-transparent as you requested.

You can change the background to whatever you like by placing your image in the res/drawable-hdpi folder under the name custom_background_gmail.png or custom_background_market.png respectively.

Gmail looks awesome. Thanks!

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks again pete, those looked great, I'm attempting to duplicate the effect on the mms.apk for PE V5. I had figured it out on 4.2 but this one is a little different. Any suggestions?
I have the newest mms transparent I will upload it tomorrow :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk