Transparent apps...what's missing ?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues installing the market. Tried the inverted one too. The update installs in recovery fine, but when I reboot and open my market, it's the same one I had installed previously. I am installing the Vending.apk alone in it's own zip. Any ideas? Is there a way to uninstall the current market before doing this?

bTW I'm on UD 3.0.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing the market. Tried the inverted one too. The update installs in recovery fine, but when I reboot and open my market, it's the same one I had installed previously. I am installing the Vending.apk alone in it's own zip. Any ideas? Is there a way to uninstall the current market before doing this?

bTW I'm on UD 3.0.

Try menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>market, and clear data/clear cache. Then boot into recovery and try installing this update.zip right over the existing market - works for me every time.

Attachments

• transblackmarket.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 103

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Q

bTW I'm on UD 3.0.

Try menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>market, and clear data/clear cache. Then boot into recovery and try installing this update.zip right over the existing market - works for me every time.

That one didn't work either. The market just disappears completely after installing that one. Had to restore backup. Hmmm can't figure it out

Sent from my Droid

pistol_pete

Reaction score
That one didn't work either. The market just disappears completely after installing that one. Had to restore backup. Hmmm can't figure it out

Sent from my Droid
-You know it gets renamed to Black Market in the drawer afterwards, right?

-Did you check permissions?

-Either that or try adb pushing it, that's all I can think of. I have no idea why it wouldn't work - I've flashed it at least 6 times successfully.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid
-You know it gets renamed to Black Market in the drawer afterwards, right?

-Did you check permissions?

-Either that or try adb pushing it, that's all I can think of. I have no idea why it wouldn't work - I've flashed it at least 6 times successfully.

Yep I know it's Black Market, I had it on UD 2.5 working fine. Permissions seem fine too, rw-r-r. And adb pushing doesn't help either. Can't figure this one out. All the other apps I've themed work fine just not this one...

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Maybe try uninstalling with titanium or through the terminal first, reboot, and then try the zip or adb push the new one?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe try uninstalling with titanium or through the terminal first, reboot, and then try the zip or adb push the new one?

No dice. I'm thinking maybe just reinstall the ROM with the Vending replaced. Can't figure out what else. The app appears in /system/app, permissions are fine, but doesn't appear in the app drawer. Weird.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I've got the same thing going on with car home right now too. Even if I uninstall everything, delete the file in data/data (you might wanna try that), and install from the market - the apk shows up in data/app, but it's not in the drawer. Weird, haven't been able to figure it out yet.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
try _his

Search both system app and data app for anything related to market or dock whichever is not working.

Delete anything u find.

What launcher u running. Launcher pro allows u to hide apps

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I did a search with root explorer and deleted files from system/app, data/app, data/data, and cleared the dalvik cache. Reinstalled car home from the market. It shows up in the data/app folder, but not in the drawer.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
hmm

what phone and what rom. I know on my dx it doesn't show up but there is a hack to make it open if you dont own the dock
if you do or if you have magnets to enable it it will start up.

i'll look for my shortcut that was made to it if that is the issue.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
o.g. droid - p.e-4.2 Used to always have an icon in the drawer to launch it. Don't have the dock to try that, I just have a generic holder and turn it on manually.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
ah ok let

I'll search for that shortcut link see if it works for you

give me a bit been a while so it may take a bit to find it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Search both system app and data app for anything related to market or dock whichever is not working.

Delete anything u find.

What launcher u running. Launcher pro allows u to hide apps

This worked for me. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk