mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

irish22022

Reaction score
very nifty. Has anyone successfully made a keyboard skin transparent? Or like.. semi transparent or with some gloss or something so it's still visible? I really just hate skins of every thing for some reason. Just want transparent all the way throughout.

Question: I used to have transparent widgets for apps that I got from xda when I was unrooted. I couldn't update the apps, though. Is that the case here? I haven't seen what apps are specifically included in this, but if facebook is transparent, can you still update it when they do?

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
jatx2wne has done an awesome facebook, its transparent in the feed and the widget is transparent. Im waiting for his ok to use it. But, since you cant update through the market if you flash it, I will post it seperate. Give the option.

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
someone flash this in recovery and tell me if it works on the DX. i confirmed it works on the d2. its a tranparent keyboard

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dang. Weird that it works for d2 but not dx. Its from the d1. You know how to get it out right?
I get a fc

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

justreboot

Reaction score
1st off let me say this is a really very nice theme... tight, colored etc. The apps, icons, colors. Lots o'work went into this... (now for the critique...)

It must be just me but, personally, I find the transparent apps distracting (must be my old eyes...) I dig having the widgets (pandora, news, etc) transparent. But the dialer, email, etc, I'd prefer a black b/g with white or colored text. (Think Zune HD) / I was a big fan of the invertino/incognito series. Am looking forward to what Liberty will be since we have the devs on board with some clout... I'm tickled to see what's in store. UD has so far disappointed me with the X... Too little too late (kicks on the OG tho').

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol, I remeber you posting in the ud thread you didn't like the transparent dialer and contacts. If you set a dark background its actually really cool. Speaking of dark backgrounds, if you get the yorks black adw theme from market it comes with like 10 really nice dark wallpapers, and its free.
1st off let me say this is a really very nice theme... tight, colored etc. The apps, icons, colors. Lots o'work went into this... (now for the critique...)

It must be just me but, personally, I find the transparent apps distracting (must be my old eyes...) I dig having the widgets (pandora, news, etc) transparent. But the dialer, email, etc, I'd prefer a black b/g with white or colored text. (Think Zune HD) / I was a big fan of the invertino/incognito series. Am looking forward to what Liberty will be since we have the devs on board with some clout... I'm tickled to see what's in store. UD has so far disappointed me with the X... Too little too late (kicks on the OG tho').

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dx1881

Reaction score
Facebook worked for me, I just deleted original prior to installing thru root explorer..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I updated the op with a new link and screenshot of the dialer. I scrapped the ud for a GummyJar dialer. It looks better :)

dx1881

Reaction score
The new update is causing a force close of the keyboard, anyone else affected

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The new update is causing a force close of the keyboard, anyone else affected