Training the battery

akosnitzky

Reaction score
To train the battery, am I better off letting it drain down or constantly charge?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Drain. They say lithium ion batteries don't "learn" but I don't completely agree with that.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
akosnitzky

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I ask because with BB, the consensus was to not drain down.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
The consensus is also for lemmings to run off a cliff to their deaths. I've found on forum boards, the consensus usually forms their opinions on stuff like batteries, atk's, tethering, rooting by people wannabe 'knowitalls' presenting what they do as stone hard facts. Sometimes they get it right (task killers) sometimes they just spread hearsay (tethering).

Despite what a knowitall at work told me about it hurting my battery by constantly charging it throughout the day when I first got the d1 (poor battery management on my part) it did not hut my battery. But to each their own I guess

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well i think you can train, i using a battery app and im recalibrating the battery i let my phone discharge to 70 or less and plug it in, so far my battery seems to have last a bit more. i did this test on stock DX and on my rooted DX and by far the battery is much better, also in the process of recalibrating task killers do not hep at all in the process of calibrating i tell you this from experience. i dont think batteries learn, they adapt...

tonydelite

Reaction score
Lithium batteries don't like to be deep cycled, so it is better for the battery to be topped off whenever.

HOWEVER for the battery meter to be properly calibrated, it needs to see a full drain from time to time.

Basically I just use my phone however the hell I want, and throw it on the dock at the end of the day. It's not really something you need to think about.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The consensus is also for lemmings to run off a cliff to their deaths. I've found on forum boards, the consensus usually forms their opinions on stuff like batteries, atk's, tethering, rooting by people wannabe 'knowitalls' presenting what they do as stone hard facts. Sometimes they get it right (task killers) sometimes they just spread hearsay (tethering).

Despite what a knowitall at work told me about it hurting my battery by constantly charging it throughout the day when I first got the d1 (poor battery management on my part) it did not hut my battery. But to each their own I guess

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sure sounds like you have a complete grasp of the definition of "knowitall". :)

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Basically I just use my phone however the hell I want, and throw it on the dock at the end of the day. It's not really something you need to think about.
Exactly......who is training whom? Just keep the battery charged so it won't be dead when you need it, and if you kill it prematurely, buy another. Less frustrating than worrying daily about how you are cycling the battery. (However, if it's an iPhone, that's a different story :>) )