Touchscreen problem . Hardware or software?

action24

Reaction score
Whennever i try to hit my apps icon on the front touch screen it selects the browser icon immediately to the right of it . this is on the main menu . its like theres a dead spot or something . I did drop my phone once today but it worked fine for at least 4 hours after that . the only other thing i can remember that happened right before it started acting up was that it found 4 updates and when i slide the notification bar down there were 2 updates for a connect 4 app i had , and i dont know what the other 2 updates were . it seemed like after that is when things started getting screwy ! Any help would be appreciated greatly . And if i can't figure it out I will be eating 70$ as this is a buy second hand off of a buddy . The phone was great till today .

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you install both of the updates for connect 4?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure this will help but uninstall and see if the issue clears.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
well it seems to me that the issue is hardware which may have resulted from dropping. Perhaps a visit to the local VZW store is a good next step. Hope they are able to resolve for you.

OP
A

action24

Reaction score
k thanks , actually verizon was unable to help so i called motorola and i am sending it in for repair . thanks for all the help !

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is better yet. I hope they are able to get it back to you quickly.