Toolbox Questions

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I was hoping someone can explain some of the features in the tools box to me. Such as Dalvik VM heap, and what is dalvik cache? Max events? File editor? Proximity delay? how to use the Free Memory? And Mount system? and install sdcard update zip? And any more tweaks you can explain. Trying to get my phone running flawless. Thanks for the help.

PsychicRefugee

Reaction score
I was hoping someone can explain some of the features in the tools box to me. Such as Dalvik VM heap, and what is dalvik cache? Max events? File editor? Proximity delay? how to use the Free Memory? And Mount system? and install sdcard update zip? And any more tweaks you can explain. Trying to get my phone running flawless. Thanks for the help.

Some of this is over my head as well, would love a little FAQ or if some other thread has already covered it, a link would be great....

Ham

Reaction score
Open the Toolbox and click on the "Help / About" option. Should be a starting point.

mcp770

Reaction score

1. What is DVM Heap?

2. What is Dalvik Cache?

3. Couldn't find squat on max events

4. File editor appears self explanatory.

5. Proximity delay: To make the phone come off of the "black screen" in the middle of, or the end of phone calls when you pull the phone away from your face

6. how to use the Free Memory? And Mount system? and install sdcard update zip? These are all functions you obviously used when flashing the rom via clockwork now you can do these via toolbox instead just like rom manager app.

Google is my friend. ;) Hope this helped a little.