[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Well, you know what they say... the 20th times' the charm... lol glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
holy **** it worked. I literally just tried it at least 20 times in a row and got the 4 options...thanks for your help, I guess lol

So the version you had was fine but your computer simply wouldn't play nice? :eek:

Wow, I can feel the frustration...20 times, huh? Well, I suppose all's well that ends well, but I know people who would have had a tough time maintaining their temper in the same situation. Good for you!! :thumbup: :D

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Yea that was incredibly weird... Out of frustration I sat there and continued to run the utility after it would force close and just as I was about to give up and say **** it, Ill try another computer, it worked. Weird, but thanks for all your help!

hebajeba

Reaction score
Driving me insane!

I followed your steps to the T, more than once (possibly 2 or 3 times at least), but my phone will not update that small OTA to 7.2. It's driving me crazy. I've been up for roughly 7 straight hours scouring the internet in the hope of finding at least a ZIP file which I can use to download that version - and its been 7 hours of failure. I've seen a few people mention they are having this problem (not so much on this friend but around the internet). You guys seem to know far more about this stuff than I do. Do you have any ideas of what I can do to get that small update? Do you know of the zip file? I have literally wasted nearly 10 hours just searching the internet, not including the fact I'll have to personalize my phone all over again, download the apps, etc.

I have a Razr Maxx HD, stock system (0.6.25). I have pretty much the basic apps that come with the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Unable to upgrade to 4.1.1

Hebajeba, did anyone respond to you? I'm having the same issue and it's not updating. Can someone advise us on how to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

What i'm getting, when I click on System Updates:
It comes up to Update available> I click Download>
Then is says An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. OK

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Moto/Verizon have killed the OTA ability for us for whatever reason. You can find the OTA files on droidrzr.com.

hebajeba

Reaction score
Hebajeba, did anyone respond to you? I'm having the same issue and it's not updating. Can someone advise us on how to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

What i'm getting, when I click on System Updates:
It comes up to Update available> I click Download>
Then is says An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. OK

Yeah, that was exactly what was happening to me. I would then turn off my wifi/mobile data and I would suddenly get a message saying there was an error and would continue when I had either. But it would stay stuck at 0%.

Anyways, after searching and researching for literally at least 10-15 hours I found this thread:

I didn't realize but apparently someone already posted the links in the original post of this message. Check there!

It has the zip file for the upgrade we can't receive as well as the JB one. I just ended up flashing both from recovery.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Appears to be a Verizon attempt to stick it to rooted users. Not confirmed, just word around town.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
How do i get the software update 9.1.41 for Droid razr maxx hd

Yeah, that was exactly what was happening to me. I would then turn off my wifi/mobile data and I would suddenly get a message saying there was an error and would continue when I had either. But it would stay stuck at 0%.

Anyways, after searching and researching for literally at least 10-15 hours I found this thread:

Trouble with OTA updates - DroidRzr.com

It has the zip file for the upgrade we can't receive as well as the JB one. I just ended up flashing both from recovery.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have 0.7.2.XT926, now I can't get JB 4.1.1 it will not update. Where can i find those OTA files? And can I flash them the same way I did the 0.7.2 file? Please help asap. Thanks peoples.

hebajeba

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have 0.7.2.XT926, now I can't get JB 4.1.1 it will not update. Where can i find those OTA files? And can I flash them the same way I did the 0.7.2 file? Please help asap. Thanks peoples.

Within that same link I posted, there is another link provided that gives the JB OTA update. Just flash that from your recovery.

arcaneedge

Reaction score
Ok so I will be purchasing a RAZR MAXX HD on Thursday and first thing I want to do is take it out of the box and root it and flash a ROM lol. It's been a while since my Droid X rooting days, I currently have an iPhone 4S and I am leaving. Is there a list of current running ROMs on JB? Is CM10 out there? Will I have to root, update to JB and then flash a ROM? Really trying to do my research before I do anything in two days. Any guidance would be great.

arcaneedge

Reaction score
Are the first 4 steps in the first post the downgrading to ICS? Thing has soooo many steps in it. Never remember rooting and updating being so difficult before lol.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Every time I get to #24, my phone reboots and then it wants to update. After the Security Update 0.7.2 and I could never get JB 4.1.1 to install. I've soft brick my phone, went back to ics did the steps all over again, and this time my computer tried to push and update to my phone. And I know I couldn't do that because the phone was rooted. Anyway, i could never get JB 4.1.1 to install. I've never had a hard time rooting my phones. This is to much, and i don't know if i want to do this again, i still can't get OTA JB 4.1.1 to install, just to get back to that. My phone will not install JB.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Ok, I went into Recovery and was able to install JB 4.1.1. I've never had a hard time Rooting any of my phones. If someone know's of an easier way let me know. I really want to Root my phone.