[TOOL] Easy Root, Unlock Bootloader, Recovery Komplete

KaChow

Reaction score
Easy Root, Unlock Bootloader, Recovery Komplete 5.18.13

This guide is being created specifically for the Droid Razr M, to be posted in the Development and Hacking section to serve a tool for those with the device that either are curious about gaining more control on their devices or simply want to have a better more comprehensive understanding. I am using the format that I used on Droid Razr HD/Maxx HD, however since that post was initially created more abilities have come from the Developers. This thread will provide as a guideline and tool for any Razr M owner that wishes to understand more. I believe in a simplified approach where a message is best understood at any level, regardless of skill, some maybe more advanced and others need more assistance. This is that thread it is non-confrontational and the approach is to learn and understand better.

This thread will discuss Root, Bootloader Unlocking, and Recoveries, as these all relate together. This first part is a guideline; I simply cannot answer all questions, without making this thread 20 pages long. But the processes that we will cover and I will provide everything to help get you there; I begin with the basic option or option #1.

##################################################
OPTION #1 ROOT AND STOCK RECOVERY SAFESTRAP
Root is gaining SuperUser control over the Android System, this gives you permission to delete system apps, or freeze them as I prefer. While it is possible to disable apps and not have Root, these apps are only temporarily disable, as a stronger or higher “superuser” control is needed to permanently freeze, or disable, or delete the application. When you have Root, you can run programs that require “superuser” permission, like Titanium Backup, ROM Toolbox, Quickboot, Root Explorer, etc… these programs are able to function above the systems rules. I mention SafeStrap; it is not a custom recovery, but a recovery that functions somewhat similar to TWRP. The most important benefit I feel is with a Recovery is the ability to create backups of the current ROM and the ability restore at a later point in time. If all your settings are with one ROM, that has been your Daily Driver or used daily it is easier, to keep a backup, use the “Slots” these are areas where new ROMs can be flashed. Keep in mind SafeStrap is no longer a recovery that is supported, this is because an Unlocked Bootloader is available and custom Recoveries provide greater options. To Access Safestrap download v3.12 from here, Safestrap | Hash-of-Codes

OPTION #2 ROOT, UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER AND CUSTOM RECOVERY
This the more advanced approach, while as we discussed “superuser” permission is granted through Root. With Root there is also the ability to unlock the Bootloader, which Root must exist. To better explain this and while it is listed above the way it is, think about from this example. 1) Unlocked Bootloader, 2) Root/System, 3) Recovery. Basically, what happens with our devices is that when we power the phone down and reboot, our phone boots into the Bootloader> then boots into the System> Recovery is still part of the system, I just tacked it on at the end. Imagine this Root is required to Unlock the Bootloader, because this occurs as the system is running, once it reboots then the Bootloader is unlocked, System still has Root and everything is fine. With Option #1 above the Bootloader is not unlocked, it still boots, but think about the dynamic and level of control between an Unlocked Bootloader and Locked Bootloader. Over the past month, look at the amount of Development that has come from having an Unlocked Bootloader and the new possibilities for it. When it comes to my device, I have simple outlook, and it is simply this, “this is my device, and I want to make it the way I want to.” That’s all.

Now let me go through the methods, keep in mind I own a Razr Maxx HD, I do not have a Razr M, and certainly I will rely on the support of your community in keeping my facts correct and the most up to date.

ROOT OPTION #1 & #2
Excellent News!!! The God of Motorola Exploit = DJRBliss has cracked the 4.1.2 Root Code, so those of you that want Root or HAVE LOST ROOT, YOU CAN HAVE IT AND ALSO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER AS WELL!!!

For now, I am pushing everything down in this thread to get this up ASAP!
Download this link Motochopper Exploit
And PLEASE A HUGE THANK YOU TO DAN ROSENBERG FOR HIS INCREDIBLE ABILITY TO CONTINUOUSLY CRACK MOTOROLA/VERIZON.

On to the Motochopper exploit
1) Extract to your desktop the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the downloaded zip file
2) Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer
3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled go to Settings> Development> check USB Debugging> make sure device is connected to your computer
4) Open the EXTRACTED file “Motochopper”> ETRACT ENTIRE FILE TO THE DESKTOP OF YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER and find the “run.bat” or “run” Windows Batch File, do a right click> select “Run as Administrator” and follow all the prompts.
5) Success!!!

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK OPTION #2
A couple of items to keep in mind before proceeding:
1) Presently this is an IRREVERSIBLE PROCESS> that is if you Commit to this, You HAVE COMPLETELY VOIDED YOUR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY, WHICH IF YOUR PHONE BREAKS, VERIZON WILL MOST LIKELY NOT REPLACE IT> YOUR PHONE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, NOT MINE, NOT DROIDFORUMS.NET’S OR ANYONE ELSE’S.
2) You Must have ROOT, so you can proceed.

First off please give a BIG THANKS TO Dan Rosenberg, aka djrbliss for cracking the code.

Some Important Developers that are responsible for achieving the successes that lead to us rooting our devices and keeping root are listed below. Not all Developers are listed.

Hashcode

DHacker29

tucstwo

satman80

I ask one request to PLEASE THANK THESE HARDWORKING DEVELOPERS, FOR THEIR TIME, AND EFFORT. IF MY THREAD HAS BEEN HELPFUL AND, OR OUR DEDICATED AND EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE MODERATORS ASSISTED YOU OR MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GAIN OBTAINABLE ROOT, PLEASE CLICK THE THANKS or THE LIKE BUTTON. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY AND WITHOUT QUESTION THANK THE DEVELOPERS FOR ALL THEY HAVE DONE.

Let’s begin…

1) Start by downloading TWO files, this first file will UNLOCK your Bootloader, and the second file will be your Recovery.
Unlock Bootloader file #1 [url]http://vulnfactory.org/public/motopocalypse.zip
[/URL]

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, AGAIN AS OF THIS MOMENT THERE IS NO RETURN OR WAY TO FIX AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER. WITH ALL CREDIT TO DAN ROSENBERG FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS POSTED HERE.
>>>>>> Security Research by Dan Rosenberg <<<<<<<<<<

STOCK RECOVERY SAFESTRAP OPTION #1

To Access Safestrap download v3.12 from here, Safestrap | Hash-of-Codes if downloading directly to your device, make sure that in the Settings> Security> Unknown resources box is checked; otherwise you will not be able to install the application. Go ahead open and install the application, once application is installed, open the application and select to install recovery. I also recommend to go into the settings of the application and change the backup folder from internal to external, certainly do not want to save an important backup only to flash a new file that wipes the system removing your backup.

If presently you have Safestrap Recovery and wish to use a custom Recovery Safestrap must be removed. Removal, begin by Rebooting your device> Go into Safestrap Recovery> go into the slots and “delete” every slot that you can, (if there is no option to delete, there is nothing to delete), reboot the device. Go into your App Drawer, find the Safestrap App> select Uninstall Recovery. Next go to Settings> Apps> ALL> find SafeStrap> uninstall. After Uninstalled, go into your “Files Application”> go to Internal storage> delete anything that displays “Safestrap or TWRP”.

Optional
If you do not plan to use TWRP's Recovery> go into the SD Card and delete anything that displays "Safestrap or TWRP" -OR- If you plan to use TWRP for your Recovery, the Backups will be saved and stored to the same exact file used by Safestrap (therefore, do not delete the TWRP folder from the SD Card.)

CUSTOM RECOVERY OPTION #2 TWRP OR CWM

For this Journey, I am going refer you directly to Tucstwo thread as he made custom recoveries specifically for your device, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ty-droid-razr-m-recovery-flasher-1-click.html

As you have noticed, so far to this point everything has been a download, extract, and click and run process, several months ago this was not the case. There is some excellent Development that is taking place on our devices, but in order for that Development to continue we need more people to become interested in learning about these wonderful advances and becoming a larger part of the community.

Here is a helpful app, called Quick Boot that everyone should have #NOTE# this works best with a Custom Recovery, with this app with the touch of a button, you can 1) Reboot your device, 2) Put your device into Recovery, 3)Put your device into the Bootloader screen, 4) Power off. I use this for 1 & 2 (as the reboot doesn’t give a 0kb screenshot as hold Power + Volume down (-) does.)

I should note, that if you have difficulty removing any of these files from your desktop, a nice registry cleaner, will detach it for you, so it can be removed.
Please Feel Free to Thank All of The Developers for Their Tireless Effort.

*#*# DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THESE VALUABLE RESOURCES#*#*

With your new Rooted device make sure to “FREEZE THE BLOATWARE” from this link.

-If anyone will send me some screen shots of all the apps on the Razr M, I will put together a “Freeze the Bloatware” link specific to your device, if doing so please use the latest 4.1.2 OS.

Also, learn how to Install SDK and get ADB (Android Debug Bridge) ready….

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Reserved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2