Those Who Have Gotten JB OTA ...REVIEWS

gernerttl

Reaction score
I upgraded and mine has gotten worse.

That's odd. What apps do you have running in the background? Apps like Weatherbug for example can eat up battery life fairly quickly. You may have some older apps that are not optimized for JB as well and could be killing your battery.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I upgraded and mine has gotten worse.

I have to second this!!

My battery life as definitely taken a hit since the update. I check battery stats and they are similar to my usage prior to the update. "Screen" has always been the highest percentage 50-60%, followed by the "Android OS" 6-7%. "Phone Idle" seems to have increased though 6-7%. I don't recall that impacting my battery that much before.

I can't get through the day without plugging in now. Wasn't the case prior.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and downloaded just a few apps. I don't have weather bug.

My maps seems to run a lot more but even when it doesn't, my screen on time seems to peek at an hour and a half at MOST. I've seen people in the forum who use their phone for more than three hours.

Also my phone struggles to make it through the day with what I call minimal use.

If I actually sit down and use my phone it destroys the battery. And it gets hot fast.

I tried 3g vs 4g and the battery is the same. If anything 3g idle actually seems to be worse

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I wonder how long before our batteries are worn out? It's almost been a year and they have gone through a lot of charge/discharge cycles...

My battery seems to be ok, but I have 2. One seems to drain faster than the other. I'm considering buying a couple of extended batteries and seeing if that helps.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
SSHGuru said:
Don't know why but my battery is lasting twice as long.

Not complaining.
Do u actually use it? My battery sucks I charge it at least twice a day now after jb update

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do u actually use it? My battery sucks I charge it at least twice a day now after jb update

Freeze maps. It has destroyed my battery on JB. Constant wakelocks in the background, turning on GPS randomly...once frozen, I'm getting life comparable to ICS. I'll just defrost maps when I need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
What is it with the wake locks? My maps had over 2500 wake locks over 12 hours. That's crazy.

Also, what exactly is magnetic field under maps

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What is it with the wake locks? My maps had over 2500 wake locks over 12 hours. That's crazy.

Also, what exactly is magnetic field under maps

Wakelocks aren't necessarily bad, is it actually using CPU and/or draining battery? Are you using Google Now? Are you signed out of latitude? Anything else that potentially would use GPS/maps to function?

The magnetic field is used to help figure out orientation and used with GPS. Things like music players with shake to skip next song can potentially make the magnetic field go up, or while using apps that do a lot of orientation stuff (games perhaps).

alboboy10

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
Wakelocks aren't necessarily bad, is it actually using CPU and/or draining battery? Are you using Google Now? Are you signed out of latitude? Anything else that potentially would use GPS/maps to function?

The magnetic field is used to help figure out orientation and used with GPS. Things like music players with shake to skip next song can potentially make the magnetic field go up, or while using apps that do a lot of orientation stuff (games perhaps).

Ye I use Google now only for weather and sports. But not for traffic and other things that might use a lot of GPS. I'm signed out of everything on maps. Under location services do you guys keep everything checked?

I don't really listen to a lot of music on my phone. I also don't have any games on my phone. I think it might be something else draining the battery

alboboy10

Reaction score
Even the magnetic field under android system has been on for like 90% of the time.

Maybe it's not my phone that has bad battery life maybe all galaxy nexus phones on Verizon do.

From what I've seen gsm ones have far better battery life

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Even the magnetic field under android system has been on for like 90% of the time.

Maybe it's not my phone that has bad battery life maybe all galaxy nexus phones on Verizon do.

From what I've seen gsm ones have far better battery life

Mine has been pretty good on battery. A full 24 hours with light to moderate use and even if I pound it it makes it till bedtime every night. *VZW extended battery

alboboy10

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
Mine has been pretty good on battery. A full 24 hours with light to moderate use and even if I pound it it makes it till bedtime every night.

Did you do a factory reset after the update? I did it before.

With very little use it can last me the day, but if I use it for like one hour of screen on time it'll die before 15 hours

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Did you do a factory reset after the update? I did it before.

With very little use it can last me the day, but if I use it for like one hour of screen on time it'll die before 15 hours

Forgot to mention I'm not stock (in case you cant see my signature)