Those "renting" rezounds and razrs

jacwhite22

Reaction score
I would triple check the fine print .......I just talked to a couple people at my local store and they were very adamant that the extended return policy is for unactivated phones (for gifts only) and that activated phones have the standard 14 day return/exchange policy......I know your mileage may vary with this....I do not see anything stating this in the return details but two managers at my local store were very adamant about it.

Jac

mzjin

Reaction score
Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy
You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).
This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.
Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply, including Restock Fee.

ryno2d

Reaction score
YIKES! Can someone find a link from VZW to show one way or another??

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Chatchie

Reaction score
I was told by a store manager that I could return mine but it had to be in "like new" condition. Activated or not. This was 3 hours ago.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Pretty typical misinformation spread around.

It happens with big companies like vzw. Someone is told something wrong by someone else and it just spreads in the stores. Best way to get a solid answer is normally to call the support line. They tend to know what goes on.

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I got a non corporate store to give me a return/exchange until Dec 11th and they waived my restocking fee. I'm "renting" a Razr and waiting for the G-Nex :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Costco is pretty standard with 90 days and no restocking fee.

Sent from my temporary vessel while awaits the arrival of the Nexus from far far away

ryno2d

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the link. So the Gnex will be an even exchange for my Rezound then assuming it's at the same $300 price tag?

edit: To clarify - when I exchange my Rezound which I got at the discounted price with two year contract - the exchange will be even steven and I won't lose my two year contract upgrade, right?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

R

RETG

I guess I have to ask why people "rent" other phones knowing they will be returning them when another phone comes out?

I can understand it if your current phone is not functioning and you need a replacement, or you are actually purchasing a phone and find out you don't like it. However, I'm failing to understand why someone would intentionally get a new phone, knowing they will not keep it and return it a few weeks later.

I am not bashing anyone, just trying to understand the motive.

ice456789

Reaction score
I guess I have to ask why people "rent" other phones knowing they will be returning them when another phone comes out?

I can understand it if your current phone is not functioning and you need a replacement, or you are actually purchasing a phone and find out you don't like it. However, I'm failing to understand why someone would intentionally get a new phone, knowing they will not keep it and return it a few weeks later.

I am not bashing anyone, just trying to understand the motive.
Simple. People are deciding that it is worth $35 to them to have a newer phone than they currently have, even if for just a month. Would you pay $1 a day to have the best phone on the market, and when a better phone comes out you just swap it out? These people would. Some other people wouldn't (like me). But my reason has nothing to do with the $35. When I bought the Bionic (the phone I thought I would have for 2 years) and was disappointed I ended up returning it. It took 4 hours of my time at Radio Shack just to get the phone returned and my 2 year upgrade put back on my account. 4 hours of PAIN. I plan to avoid that situation in the future and if that means another month with my barely working OG, then so be it.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Mine was simple, OG was on its last breath, waiting for the GNex for months and no dice yet, so.. head to pick up something to use in the mean time. Verizon not being a good sport, not releasing any information and leaks and rumors drive everyone insane, so having a RAZR in the mean time doe's the trick.

ryno2d

Reaction score
My OG broke on me finally. Screen wasn't responding anymore. Had to get one for the time being.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i got the razr thinking i would keep it battery life killed me so i switched for the rezound.. I really like this phone but i do like the idea of giving the nexus a chance.. I bought mine at best buy so 30 days is standard and there is no restocking fee.. I see no reason to ever upgrade at a vzw corporate store.. I mean unless you have no other options..

jleeusa

Reaction score
Costco is pretty standard with 90 days and no restocking fee.

Sent from my temporary vessel while awaits the arrival of the Nexus from far far away

That's if they have Galaxy Nexus to replace with. Seeing how nothing is confirmed I would worry about renting from Costco to then have them not get the GN. They don't get everything. I know there was a pic of it in there system, but pics haven't done much to help us out lately.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums