New Rezound Owner

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Hey folks !!

I just got my "new to me" Rezound on Tuesday afternoon. I had an old iPhone 4 with some accessories that I listed on CL. I was asking for cash or a trade for a Rezound.

To my surprise a lady that had just bought a Rezound ( I think she said she had it for about 3 1/2 weeks ) decided she didn't like it and wanted an iPhone but didn't want to hassle with returning it to a store. I met up and traded with her. I'm very happy as is she !

The iPhone had sat in a closet for over a month, as I got tired of it and went back to my Moto DX2. I'm loving this Rezound !! I did go today though and pick up the extended battery and door, plus the shell & holster combo from my local VZW store. I only paid $56.00 for both the batt/door combo & the carry combo.

I'm really pleased with the phone, build quality, and signal stability (especially on the LTE side).

From some of the posts I've read everyone here seems to be helpful and I'm looking forward to being a member of the community !!!

HowardZ

Reaction score
Did you have any difficulty getting your used/swapped Rezound activated/working/SIMcard with Verizon?

I've had my Rezound for under a week.

I used Hansoon's program to unlock, change the recovery program, root, and freeze updater with Titanium Backup.
Made a nandroid backup.

Now I am waiting for the S-ON/S-OFF thingie before doing anything else.

My previous phone was a Droid-X using Gummy-ICS-Rom.

Howard

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the board and welcome back from the idark side. You made a great choice with the Rezound.

This was posted using my Rezound.

D4nielC

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I'm new to the board and Android as well. I've had the Rezound for two weeks now running the leaked version of ICS. It's truly incredible (no pun intended!) After being locked in to iOS 4+ years it's an extremely refreshing experience. I also splurged for the extended battery and holster. Well worth it! I'm on 4G all of the time and easily get a day and a half out of the battery.

OP
BadAzzFireman

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Did you have any difficulty getting your used/swapped Rezound activated/working/SIMcard with Verizon?

I've had my Rezound for under a week.

I used Hansoon's program to unlock, change the recovery program, root, and freeze updater with Titanium Backup.
Made a nandroid backup.

Now I am waiting for the S-ON/S-OFF thingie before doing anything else.

My previous phone was a Droid-X using Gummy-ICS-Rom.

Howard

@Howard - I had no trouble getting the swap from my DX2 to the Rezound done. I have a certain VZW corporate store that I always deal with. I went in, they installed the SIM and got the swap done in the computer. I think I spent a total of roughly 15 minutes in the store. Customer service is always second to none at this store.

I also splurged for the extended battery and holster. Well worth it! I'm on 4G all of the time and easily get a day and a half out of the battery.

I'm loving the life I'm getting out of the big battery so far, even with the added bulk. My phone, just because of where I live, jumps between 3 & 4G throughout the day, and even with that I'm still at 72% right now. Phone came off the charger at around 9 am (EST) and its 10:38 pm now. This is with fairly heavy use.

All in all I am very happy !!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey folks !!

I just got my "new to me" Rezound on Tuesday afternoon. I had an old iPhone 4 with some accessories that I listed on CL. I was asking for cash or a trade for a Rezound.

To my surprise a lady that had just bought a Rezound ( I think she said she had it for about 3 1/2 weeks ) decided she didn't like it and wanted an iPhone but didn't want to hassle with returning it to a store. I met up and traded with her. I'm very happy as is she !

The iPhone had sat in a closet for over a month, as I got tired of it and went back to my Moto DX2. I'm loving this Rezound !! I did go today though and pick up the extended battery and door, plus the shell & holster combo from my local VZW store. I only paid $56.00 for both the batt/door combo & the carry combo.

I'm really pleased with the phone, build quality, and signal stability (especially on the LTE side).

From some of the posts I've read everyone here seems to be helpful and I'm looking forward to being a member of the community !!!

The holster case combo costs $13 on ebay, enjoy your new phone, I also made a post regarding a holster and case combo, way better than the cheap China made verizon holster case combo.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums