Keeping My Droid X

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cece5702, May 12, 2011.

1. cece5702

cece5702 Member

I called Verizon and it looks like the Droid X2 will not be released today as rumored:frown:. I think I'm going to keep my Droid X. My 14 day return policy expires today and I honestly cant see myself paying $400 to purchase the X2 at regular price when its released.

Even though the X2 I'm sure will be a nice device with improvements over the X, I've been very pleased with my phone for the past two weeks I've had it. I really dont want to go through the hassle of returning my X , buying another phone, or re-activating my Original Droid to extend my return policy date.

I will wait for the Gingerbread update and see how that goes. I read somewhere that with the Gingerbread update there would be improvements to the battery life, faster performance for the X? Hope the udate OTA is released soon:). Now I have that to look forward to dancedroid:)dancedroid
  2. repo_man

repo_man New Member

I was waiting on the Bionic myself when it got delayed/cancelled. So I said forget waiting, I've been up for an upgrade for like 2 months and I want to join the smartphone world. I can't be happier with my DX. People talk about the X2 or GB being "faster" but I really don't equate my DX with "slow". It does what I need it to do when I need it to do it. Really awesome device. :D
  3. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Yeah I am very pleased with mine too and my X is fast and I have not rooted it or anything.
  4. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

Costco... Next time you have a phone purchase go there they have a 90 day return period for any electronic item. Great stuff! I love my fast DX as well but still want to get the X2 when my other line is up for an upgrade.
  5. cece5702

cece5702 Member

How does that work? You purchase the phone from Cosco than take it to Verizon to activate the service?
  6. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

Costco has a kiosk inside that activates the phone for you. You get the same warrenty as if you went to a verizon dealer and not mail in rebates is another bonus. It is the exact same as a verizon purchase except you can get a 90 day return and no mail in rebates, also I got a free phone kit that came with a case, car charger, and ear phones.
  7. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I ended up spending $50 for my phone with the addons and no mail in rebates. I even had to return the first one for warrenty and it all went smoothly.
  8. cece5702

cece5702 Member

But who is your phone service with? Is it still Verizon?