Those "renting" rezounds and razrs

R

RETG

I understand the replacement and then a jump to another, better model. If my X was broken, I might get a Rezound or a Razr with intentions of jumping to the Nexus. Thirty five bucks for a few weeks in nothing. I can also understand 'trying' out a rezound and if not like, get another phone. I just don't understand getting (for example) a Razr, knowing you are going to keep it for a few weeks, if you current phone works ok.

Enough said....I guess I'll never understand, and really, who cares if I do.;)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I am renting a Razr too. Posted my TBolt for sale and I got a quicker response then I thought I would. So, I needed a phone to fill the gap. The dude ended up backing out of the deal, so essentially it was all for nothing :-/ Otherwise I probably would have held on to my TBolt. Renting a phone is stressful!! I am constantly worrying about it lol

Sent from my rental Razr

birddroid

Reaction score
i got the razr thinking i would keep it battery life killed me so i switched for the rezound.. I really like this phone but i do like the idea of giving the nexus a chance.. I bought mine at best buy so 30 days is standard and there is no restocking fee.. I see no reason to ever upgrade at a vzw corporate store.. I mean unless you have no other options..

You are aware you only get 1 exchange right? At least that's the case at corporate stores. Might be different at best buy

dustinslee

Reaction score
You are aware you only get 1 exchange right? At least that's the case at corporate stores. Might be different at best buy

I have exchanged 4 razrs at my local store bc of speaker rattle and they told me they would swap till i was happy

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swap for the same phone, not different models.

I've heard this before as well.

Lukeb5301

Reaction score
I have exchanged 4 razrs at my local store bc of speaker rattle and they told me they would swap till i was happy

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Yes you're allowed to swap your phone for the same model if there is an issue with it.. You're only allowed to return your phone once within the 14 day return policy for a different phone.. you dont have 14 days to try 6 different phones, once you switch you're stuck with it(that brand, you can swap that phone for same model if it has issues)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I added a line to rent a Razr - not liking it, so I am returning it and going back to my TBolt. So, I will have an upgrade waiting for me when I am ready ... my question is: being I got a device and returned it and did not exchanged it, when I do use that upgrade to get another device is it safe to assume I get the same exchange once policy? Or will I be stuck with that device?

patriot95

Reaction score
i got the razr thinking i would keep it battery life killed me so i switched for the rezound.. I really like this phone but i do like the idea of giving the nexus a chance.. I bought mine at best buy so 30 days is standard and there is no restocking fee.. I see no reason to ever upgrade at a vzw corporate store.. I mean unless you have no other options..

Best Buy told me it is 14 days for Verizon phones... not their typical 30-day return policy. Does anyone know the fine print and let me know which way it is?

jleeusa

Reaction score
From what I understand the issue becomes your upgrade. Verizon policy is 14 days. So if you buy from anywhere you have 14 "return" window. Exchanging is different from place to place. BB or Costco may have a great exchange policy but its ultimately Verizons contract policy that you have to consider everywhere.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

patriot95

Reaction score
From what I understand the issue becomes your upgrade. Verizon policy is 14 days. So if you buy from anywhere you have 14 "return" window. Exchanging is different from place to place. BB or Costco may have a great exchange policy but its ultimately Verizons contract policy that you have to consider everywhere.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I'm on the Best Buy forums now. I think it is still 30 days to exchange or trade-in. But if you want to RETURN the phone you wont get your upgrade back if it is after 14 days. I'm waiting for confirmation.

sloshopgirl

Reaction score
I work at Best Buy, and as a rule of thumb we will only accept Verizon phones after 14 days if there is manufacturer defect, and even then you it is still a matter of just replacing exchanging. If you simply don't like it, you only get an exchange. It is really very simple.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

patriot95

Reaction score
I work at Best Buy, and as a rule of thumb we will only accept Verizon phones after 14 days if there is manufacturer defect, and even then you it is still a matter of just replacing exchanging. If you simply don't like it, you only get an exchange. It is really very simple.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

So if I want a Nexus instead and it has been 15 days I can exchange my RAZR for the Nexus?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I'm a Best Buy Premier Silver member, so I get 45 days for returns, and as long as you buy the phone outright (ie, full retail) you can return it any time during the normal return period. If you buy under contract, all bets are off. I don't know the details related to that.

I've done it several times over the years, as recently as September of this year when I returned my 40 day old Thunderbolt and bought the Bionic from Verizon (used my upgrade there).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a Best Buy Premier Silver member, so I get 45 days for returns, and as long as you buy the phone outright (ie, full retail) you can return it any time during the normal return period. If you buy under contract, all bets are off. I don't know the details related to that.

I've done it several times over the years, as recently as September of this year when I returned my 40 day old Thunderbolt and bought the Bionic from Verizon (used my upgrade there).

Interesting... I'm a Premier Silver member as well, but was told it did not apply to phones. I need to double check on that now! :icon_eek: