This will work for an hdmi cable right?

Interpol

Reaction score
You can buy high quality micro HDMI (D type) to HDMI (A type) at Monoprice.com for really cheap.

$5.54/3 foot cable
$7.12/6 foot cable
$9.35/10 foot cable

The only issue is that they're currently not showing any of these in stock.

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Someone removed the link in this thread to an amazon hdmi cable for like $4 ... just got it today and it's not the right one. The one side is definitely smaller than a regular hdmi, but entirely to big for the Droid ... crap!

Anyways, I already have a 15ft HDMI cable coming out of my receiver to pug in other devices (like laptop). I'd actually prefer to simply piggy back off that cable. Take a look at this ... was thinking something along these lines perhaps? Obviously this won't work, but anyone know of something similar for HDMI to Micro HDMI? I'm still looking ...

Amazon.com: Micro Connectors Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter (9 Inch): Electronics

Thanks!

tmaxx445

Reaction score
No it's not lame! You can rip DVD's download them to the X and then you can travel and hook it up and play back the movie on a TV. I have tried several differnt movies and they seem to work. I will say that movies ripped in an MP4 format looked great, just like the DVD but the digital down load that are coming with BD are a llittle choppy on a 50" plasma.

Overall I am satisfied with the HDMI feature.

What else did you want it to do?
What software did you use to rip the DVD's? I am having a hard time finding something with the right resolution.

thanks,
tmaxx445

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with anything out there that can accomplish this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can buy high quality micro HDMI (D type) to HDMI (A type) at Monoprice.com for really cheap.

$5.54/3 foot cable
$7.12/6 foot cable
$9.35/10 foot cable

The only issue is that they're currently not showing any of these in stock.

Excellent I wanted to see what the prices were at monocable. Nobody beats their prices.

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Thanks Kandiru, but at this time I'd rather try to find a converter/adapter of sorts if possible. Currently I have no HDMI ports left open on my receiver, but I do have a 15ft HDMI cable hanging out on the side for devices such as this. So I'd like to try and find a way to simply connect a converter to change the HDMI to micro if possible ... This would definitely be my preference, but thus far have not yet found anything.

garath

Reaction score
No it's not lame! You can rip DVD's download them to the X and then you can travel and hook it up and play back the movie on a TV. I have tried several differnt movies and they seem to work. I will say that movies ripped in an MP4 format looked great, just like the DVD but the digital down load that are coming with BD are a llittle choppy on a 50" plasma.

What software did you use to rip the DVD's? I am having a hard time finding something with the right resolution.

thanks,
tmaxx445

DVD Catalyst 3.

I second (third?) monoprice. I get all my cables from them. Good quality, best prices.

tmaxx445

Reaction score
Thanks Kandiru, but at this time I'd rather try to find a converter/adapter of sorts if possible. Currently I have no HDMI ports left open on my receiver, but I do have a 15ft HDMI cable hanging out on the side for devices such as this. So I'd like to try and find a way to simply connect a converter to change the HDMI to micro if possible ... This would definitely be my preference, but thus far have not yet found anything.

Here you go.
Micro HDMI Type D/HDMI adapter for Motorola HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 270610750928 end time Aug-19-10 23:47:39 PDT)

tmaxx445

Gigarip1

Reaction score

What is BD?

Kandiru

Reaction score

What TMaxx said!http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Speed-Micr...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5d36a391

OP
A

abean

Reaction score

Here you go.
Micro HDMI Type D/HDMI adapter for Motorola HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 270610750928 end time Aug-19-10 23:47:39 PDT)

tmaxx445

PERFECT, thank you!