1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Micro USB to HDMI

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by Markmm24, May 12, 2011.

1. Markmm24

Markmm24 New Member

Hey guys so I was having a conversation with a friend about whether this would work on the Fascinate. I Googled and came up with a couple of things:
    This is a link for a 17$ cable but it says something about the HDMI being smaller than a normal one or something?
    Amazon.com: Kanex HDMIMIC6FT Micro HDMI Type D Cable for Portable Devices M/M (6 feet): Electronics

Then I found this on Ebay:
    Samsung Galaxy S Micro USB to HDMI Video Cable | eBay

This one is much more expensive at 160$.And it says it may not be compatible unless there is a software update... Has anyone seen,heard, or tried using anything like this?I didn't even think they existed... Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. AllForNaught

AllForNaught New Member

HDMI requires a specific codec that the stock Fascinate does not have - so this won't work.

Perhaps someone in the dev. community could make this possible on a rooted device, but not stock.

Sorry :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  3. Markmm24

Markmm24 New Member

It's no problem.Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering because it'd be really awesome to stream movies from my phone onto my tv...
Search tags for this page
does mini usb to hdmi samsung fascinate
droid 2 global micro hdmi
droid 2 global mini hdmi

droid global hdmi

galaxy fascinate hdmi?
micro hdmi samsung fascinate

micro usb to hdmi samsung fascinate

mini hdmi chord for samsung galaxy fascinate

samsung fascinate to hdmi

samsung galaxy fascinate hdmi