Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup you just need a micro to a standard

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Fantastic. Being that it's amazon prime, I get free 2 day ... so is $20 worth it or have people been finding better/cheaper deals out there?

Thanks

FireDroid

Reaction score
I found $15 for a 5ft one on amazon. Just received it today!!

It works! Ripped DVDs look great just like a DVD, but a digital copy tranfers that come with BD look a little choppy! Both were used for play back on a 52" plasma.

misdirection

Reaction score
yeah, its only for photo gallery/video. That's it. I think, and it's pretty lame.

FireDroid

Reaction score
No it's not lame! You can rip DVD's download them to the X and then you can travel and hook it up and play back the movie on a TV. I have tried several differnt movies and they seem to work. I will say that movies ripped in an MP4 format looked great, just like the DVD but the digital down load that are coming with BD are a llittle choppy on a 50" plasma.

Overall I am satisfied with the HDMI feature.

What else did you want it to do?

misdirection

Reaction score
No it's not lame! You can rip DVD's download them to the X and then you can travel and hook it up and play back the movie on a TV. I have tried several differnt movies and they seem to work. I will say that movies ripped in an MP4 format looked great, just like the DVD but the digital down load that are coming with BD are a llittle choppy on a 50" plasma.

Overall I am satisfied with the HDMI feature.

What else did you want it to do?

What else? DROID DOES!

How about showing the entire Android OS to HDMI? I know it's possible! Jesus saves!

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Off topic, but being that you have mentioned the ability to root the X ... Is there any easy way for me to back up everything on my phone (apps, not sync data)? I haven't dug into this yet, this is my first Droid. When/If I have to redo my phone from a root, I'd like to be ready. I've already invested many long nights into setting up this phone exactly how I want it. I'd hate to have to manually redo it all!

winger53215

Reaction score
I would check Monoprice

They have some awsome prices and fast delivery. I ordered two cables Monday and got them today!!

misdirection

Reaction score
Off topic, but being that you have mentioned the ability to root the X ... Is there any easy way for me to back up everything on my phone (apps, not sync data)? I haven't dug into this yet, this is my first Droid. When/If I have to redo my phone from a root, I'd like to be ready. I've already invested many long nights into setting up this phone exactly how I want it. I'd hate to have to manually redo it all!

Probably, yeah. The update might unroot your phone and, to be honest, I am not sure.

Seano

Reaction score
use the NFL mobile app. hook up the hdmi cable and watch NFL network live. it will play on your tv. as seen here:

rk4v7n.jpg