Extended micro USB and micro HDMI cables for Bionic lapdock

rage_311

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the webtop adapter and the lapdock? I wonder if you could plug the webtop adapter into the lapdock, then the phone into the adapter (to combat the case issue). I'm just not sure if the adapter has the female connectors in the same orientation and spaced the same distance as the male connectors on the lapdock itself. If anybody has any experience with this, or the adapter itself, let me know.

yzingerr

Reaction score
do you have to use both cables or can you juat use the micro hdmi only?
i ask because i bought the micro hdmi cable and when i link the phone to the lapdock (without the micro usb extension cable) the lapdock shows an image, but it isnt formatted correctly and i cant do anything on the lapdock. either the cable is bad or i need the micro usb cable extension too.

OP
DoctorV

DoctorV

Reaction score
do you have to use both cables or can you juat use the micro hdmi only?
i ask because i bought the micro hdmi cable and when i link the phone to the lapdock (without the micro usb extension cable) the lapdock shows an image, but it isnt formatted correctly and i cant do anything on the lapdock. either the cable is bad or i need the micro usb cable extension too.
Yes you definitely need the USB cable as well. The HDMI cable is for audio and video only but you'll need the USB to transmit data to the lapdock.

yzingerr

Reaction score
Yes you definitely need the USB cable as well. The HDMI cable is for audio and video only but you'll need the USB to transmit data to the lapdock.
Great, thank you very much for your reply!