Thinking of a rezound

JeffDenver

Reaction score
lol, no worries! :) The Rezound is definitely a beast of a phone, but that S4 chipset really interests me...
I love the Rezound...but honestly, the ONLY reason to get a Rezound over the DINC4g is the display. If the qHD display of the DINC is good enough for you, I would say to skip the Rezound. The DINC is better in every other way.

Personally though, I just cant see owning an phone that is not 720p or better in 2012.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Personally I don't see what is so special about the dinc... Sure it has some fancy camera stuff but since its unreleased, you can't really compare them yet. It has a newer processor, with a slower clock speed... Only some real worl testing will be able to see f it is faster, or even as fast.

Oh, and you get sense 4.0. Woohoo!

Just cracks me up every time I see someone recommend products that aren't even released yet. Fortunately it seems HTC doesn't have the problems Moto had, aka the bionic and releasing a new phone every 2 or 3 months...but there will always be something newer and shinier just 'weeks' away. If you need a new phone, look at what is currently available, do your homework, and decide which one works for your needs.

Personally, I can't see any use that the Rezound can't satisfy...but I'm somewhat partial ;p

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Personally I don't see what is so special about the dinc...
The CPU alone is kind of a big deal. It is faster and consumes significantly less power. I really think thats the main thing.

But also...Sense 4 (which has a much better camera app supposedly), and NFC. The SD slots on the new phones might also support 128 gig SD cards.

flamewalker

Reaction score
According to PCMag: Verizon Unveils HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

32gb. Which is still a lot. And NFC? No thanks. Most people don't care about it (yet). I personally don't want my financial information stored on my phone. What makes you think Verizon isn't going to castrate this NFC phone like they did the Nexus?

I can respect the low power draw. Will be interesting to see if the slower clock speed combined with the newer architecture, if it can keep up with the faster speed of the Rezound. The Rezound hasn't been out all that long, afterall.

Still... Weeks could easily turn into months, waiting for the next best thing, as many have found out. You can wait forever for the best thing and never end up with a phone :p I prefer to take what's available and choose what's best from that, for me. I guess it depends on how big your need is, or if you are just window shopping.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The CPU alone is kind of a big deal. It is faster and consumes significantly less power. I really think thats the main thing.

But also...Sense 4 (which has a much better camera app supposedly), and NFC. The SD slots on the new phones might also support 128 gig SD cards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the word is that it will only support a 32GB SD card. Now I know that's 50% hardware 50% software but unless they future proofed the hardware then the Rezound can do better.

The ImageSense camera has better features but it's not a direct benefit of Sense 4. Really quite the opposite(you can't have Sense 4 without the camera)

NFC...agreed... definite improvement, however it has no place in the world yet. So I can't count it among the benefits just yet.

Let's not leave out the 1700mah battery. Which again is a bit of a letdown. Unless they seriously learned from the LTE issues as they stand with the Rezound then that battery is too small.

So that really leaves the CPU as the shining point...at least in my eye. And the S4 in the Dinc vs the S3 in the Rezound really doesn't impress me enough to warrant another phone purchase.

Now of course this is merely my opinion taken from the vantage point of someone shopping between the Rezound and upcoming Dinc 4g

JeffDenver

Reaction score
LOL, and my Rezound documentation says the same thing. Guess what? The Rezound and Razr can use 64 gig SD cards. The documentation LIES. heh heh

And NFC? No thanks. Most people don't care about it (yet).
I don't either really, but all things being equal, I'd rather have it than not have it. Same with FM radio.

The Rezound hasn't been out all that long, afterall.
It has been out since November. That is about 6 months now. Thats a full cycle in the Android world.

I'm happy with the Rezound...I bought it in December. I'd rather have been using this for months than have had to wait 6 months for a slightly better phone. My only requirement for a new phone was 720p.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the word is that it will only support a 32GB SD card.
The documentation for the Rezound said the same thing. Yet, lo and behold.

Let's not leave out the 1700mah battery. Which again is a bit of a letdown.
From what I have heard, the lower power requirements for the S4 mean that it will actually get better battery life. But the Real bonus is that it has a removable battery anyway.

So that really leaves the CPU as the shining point...at least in my eye. And the S4 in the Dinc vs the S3 in the Rezound really doesn't impress me enough to warrant another phone purchase.
Oh, me either. I am only arguing from the perspective of someone choosing between the two phones...if you already have a Rezound there is no reason at all to switch to this phone. Especially if you are paying retail.