Thinking of a rezound

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
In my experience batteries tend to have a lifespan of around 1 year before they start to degrade noticably. That is one of the reasons I am leery of non-removable batteries. Especially with the Razr.

Motorola has no program to replace the batteries for you...it is part of the warranty. No one is really sure how it is going to work yet. It is very vague. By contrast, at least with Apple they have a very specific procedure for doing it.

I agree, but I don't remember the last time I had a phone for much more than a year.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I had my Droid 1 for the full 24 months, and still use it. My friend who just got a Spectrum had his for even longer than that. I think the only people who upgrade more than the full term are the ones with family plans, and that is not the norm from what I have seen.

RPW

Reaction score
Hopefully, and unless Verizon does something stupid I'll be purchasing a Rezound in the next month. I've read a lot of user reviews, followed discussions on forums like this one and have read some pro reviews and IMO the Rezound is the best bang for the buck. Also, the VZW store still shows the phone with the Beats earbuds included with the package, which is another selling point for me.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had my Droid 1 for the full 24 months, and still use it. My friend who just got a Spectrum had his for even longer than that. I think the only people who upgrade more than the full term are the ones with family plans, and that is not the norm from what I have seen.

I buy one phone on plan and one off usually around a year later. So my Christmas present to myself might be an SGSIII if Verizon offers it.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
LOL...I have not paid retail for a phone since I was on Cricket, and that is only because I didn't have a choice. I don't see myself ever paying retail for a phone again. Really, the only phone I have seen that is worth the retail price is the $400 Galaxy nexus. And even $400 for a phone is a lot IMO.

Hopefully, and unless Verizon does something stupid I'll be purchasing a Rezound in the next month. I've read a lot of user reviews, followed discussions on forums like this one and have read some pro reviews and IMO the Rezound is the best bang for the buck. Also, the VZW store still shows the phone with the Beats earbuds included with the package, which is another selling point for me.

It is possible they have some remaining stock, but I seriously doubt it. Either way, I would not trust the version store photo...call them and make sure they still have them. From what I heard they stopped selling the earbuds with it over a month ago. HTC will no longer offer Free Beats Earbuds with Beats Enabled Devices | TechHog.com | Tech News and Reviews on all things Mobile

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I like playing with gadgets. And honestly what better gadget is there than an Android phone? Well either that or Legos

RPW

Reaction score
Thanks JeffDenver. I'll be calling them alright, for starters to tell them how stupid (yeah, that didn't last long did it?) their pricing is. They show that I'll get a $50 "upgrade discount", and then they're going to try to charge me a $30 "upgrade fee".

I suppose I can get by with using the earbuds from my iPod Touch (right?) for the time being but eventually I'll want something better. I like these comments from the article you linked to:
TechHog.com said:
By no longer including the free ear buds, HTC should be able to bring down prices on their devices, while at the same time, increasing their profit margins. But without including the free earbuds, you have to ask, what’s the point of having Beats Audio technology in a smartphone? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have a device without Beats Audio that can retail for $199.99 or less and then incorporate Beats Audio and the free earbuds with a premium model for say $249 – $299? That’s just my two cents, but I just can understand why you’d market a smartphone with Beats Audio, only to have the customer use a pair of junky earbuds or headphones, it seems like it would cheapen the experience.
Regardless of whether HTC is bringing down the price of the Rezound by no longer including the earbuds or not, VZW isn't, so strike 2 against Verizon.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say +1 on the Rezound as well. However, the Incredible 4G will be out soon. If you want the Rezound, you might wait a couple of weeks and check out the Inc 4G - some potential advantages (and disadvantages depending on your opinion) to that phone. The Rezound might even drop some more in price when the Inc 4G comes out, so it could be a positive to wait either way.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Can't get the rezound, big red screwed me on the upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Escalate. Talk to the manager. Then the manager's manager.

If there is one thing I have learned from Verizon over the years on this forum, it is that you can get them to do ANYTHING if you ***** loud and long enough. Seriously.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I'd say +1 on the Rezound as well. However, the Incredible 4G will be out soon. If you want the Rezound, you might wait a couple of weeks and check out the Inc 4G - some potential advantages (and disadvantages depending on your opinion) to that phone. The Rezound might even drop some more in price when the Inc 4G comes out, so it could be a positive to wait either way.
For one thing is is certainly going to be more expensive. For another, it has no HD screen.

That aside, I would take it over the Razr. It will have an S4 processor and NFC.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For one thing is is certainly going to be more expensive. For another, it has no HD screen.

That aside, I would take it over the Razr. It will have an S4 processor and NFC.

The bigger battery plus the S4 chip is what I'm really pumped about... heck the S4 chip in general should make these LTE devices quite a bit better - in theory anyway!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

I just read that the new Dinc will be the equivalent of the One S which is a far cry from the Rezound IMHO

Edit: Looks like in the time I took to reply you guys already hashed this out..lol slow reading ninja'd

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just read that the new Dinc will be the equivalent of the One S which is a far cry from the Rezound IMHO

Edit: Looks like in the time I took to reply you guys already hashed this out..lol slow reading ninja'd

lol, no worries! :) The Rezound is definitely a beast of a phone, but that S4 chipset really interests me...