Things lost with ICS

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
WETLAYED said:
Yea when you have facebook contacts synced up to your phone and you want to add a phone number to that contact, ics no longer allows you to do that. I knew a way how on gingerbread :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Make new contact then join them... it may work!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

ksaevig

Reaction score
I don't have the Contacts app anymore. Without the contacts option in the phone app I can't see a list of my contacts.

Anyone else missing the Contacts app?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't have the Contacts app anymore. Without the contacts option in the phone app I can't see a list of my contacts.

Anyone else missing the Contacts app?

It's called People now. And as jroc just said, all you have to do is tap the search button when you have the phone app open to go straight into your contacts.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a feeling we might have to start a getting used to ICS thread soon...lol. The Tips n Tricks one is fine tho. Some of us might need to start contributing to it more. Or put some of the posts in here in there.

So far...all I really miss is Flash and the 3G option in Mobile Network settings. Found a solution for 3G, none yet for Flash...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc said:
I got a feeling we might have to start a getting used to ICS thread soon...lol. The Tips n Tricks one is fine tho. Some of us might need to start contributing to it more. Or put some of the posts in here in there.

So far...all I really miss is Flash and the 3G option in Mobile Network settings. Found a solution for 3G, none yet for Flash...

What flash sites don't work?
I downloaded adobe from Google store and it seems to play anything I point it to...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What flash sites don't work?
I downloaded adobe from Google store and it seems to play anything I point it to...

There are numerous reports across the forum about Flash not working with all sites. Here's the biggest thread on the topic - Embedded Flash videos not working. The few sites with Flash that I use are still working for me, but I've tried some of the sites that users in that thread and others have posted about, and I wasn't able to get a video to run. It seems to be hit or miss, with some sites working and some not.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
There are numerous reports across the forum about Flash not working with all sites. Here's the biggest thread on the topic - Embedded Flash videos not working. The few sites with Flash that I use are still working for me, but I've tried some of the sites that users in that thread and others have posted about, and I wasn't able to get a video to run. It seems to be hit or miss, with some sites working and some not.

Yeah I was just wanting some links to test as the few I use work, but I guess those really aren't flash video just pretty stuff in the background and what not...

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
1lowranger said:
I've noticed u can no longer move emails between folders really hope they fix this

I still can with my email. When you check the item, one of the icons looks like a piece of paper with an envelope in front of it. When I hit that it brings up my inbox with an arrow. When I hit the arrow it gives me the other folders to move it to.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah I was just wanting some links to test as the few I use work, but I guess those really aren't flash video just pretty stuff in the background and what not...

The thread I linked to mentions two sites where Flash videos do not work - Yahoo Sports and South Park Studios. Those really are Flash video. :biggrin:

Various threads spread around the place have mentioned others as well, but it's tough to keep the onslaught of ICS threads all about the same topics straight.

1lowranger

Reaction score
Xfactorx316 said:
I still can with my email. When you check the item, one of the icons looks like a piece of paper with an envelope in front of it. When I hit that it brings up my inbox with an arrow. When I hit the arrow it gives me the other folders to move it to.

I finally found the icon ur talking about its only available when ur in combined veiw if u have multiple email accounts. When I click it, it says move not supported for pop3 unfortunate since it worked in gb

Reaction score
I've noticed that some of my apps don't work, Antek, iheart radio, beautiful widgets. Iheart radio actually works if I open it from the ap drawer and not the widget. Also my keyboard adds spaces between letters when I type fast, the swype keyboard, I don't like the normal one.

vatechguy3

Reaction score
No gps toggle
When surfing the web, a click of the menu button, no option for a new window.
Any options?

Tony